Corrupt a Wish(game)

Sniperwhere

I wish to thank the modder who created the passage that they shared in 1995 or 1996. It was a short mod for what Morrowind was going to have. It was a passage way under Suran to travel to a hatch opening at the bottom of a guards tower. There was no guard in it. There was the guards quarters with the Sword of Woe lying under the foot of the bunk beds. It took me several hours to download on a 26.6 Kb modem with Windows 95. Thank you for the deliightful introduction.

A few years later found it was released as part of a mod, too. Thanks for that Suran mod to the tower next to the Silt Rider in Suran. The guards included as well as the Sword of Woe, waiting there when I finally found that mod.

I wish to thank,all the modders from all the websites I looked into for mods for Morrowind, from back in the year 1998 when I had completely forgotten about the short mod demo. I wish to thank the people who sold the video card made by the company ATI video card I bought in 1998, that came with the disk with Morrowinds demo for providing the demo.

I wish to thank all the modders from every website that supported modders and were modders websites as well, for all the mods from which I learned modding before the day my own work was stuck in limbo because of equipment failure. THANK YOU ALL. I found my old disks covered in dust where I stored them after buying new equipment which didn't have the code to read them.

I wish to thank those modders who I will pull from the files from those mods I learned from. I will add them to the credits directly. Once I convince my internal childlike self that was disappointed, so much so, that it is delaying me from making a description page and putting all the names of those modders who wanted to have their names in the credits. While the task seems so daunting too for getting past my procrastinating conscious level of thinking to realize I must still find and get permission from anyone else who I have; borrowed or gained wisdom from in the learned process, so I used their ideas, nifs, scripting instructions, and textures, to make my mod.

I wish to have given each and everyone of those modders there just reward and get their permission.

Or else no one will ever see what I created for Morrowind that I pieced together while I was stuck restarting the game and wondering how to play the game after each time my character was defeated by a mudkrab or slaughterfish in the nearby Seyda Neen.

I'm sorry I never read the instructions that came with the game until after my character was defeated because I wanted the surprise the game was sure to fill my mind with. Believe me, I didn't even know I had a spell that I could cast until I had been clobbered several times, simply because I never was able to see that in my skills on the 15 inch monitor. No I do not have poor vision. I just was, simply, uneducated enough to grasp what all those things were. I remind you I didn't read any of the games instructions prior to learning how to install it and play.

Thank you for all the trials and tribulations, everything, including having to restart the game fresh every time I was beaten, because I didn't figure out why saving the game was sensible. If I died in the game, I figured the body was not recoverable, just like if I were to die in real life.

Ding, call me names if you must, but I had a hell of a lot more emotional experiences the way I played. Which I am sure I could have avoided. Allot. I could have avoided all the solemn cries for my game child's loss. Funeral sensations, and I could have avoided the surprises caused by animals I thought for sure I could defeat in real life.

All of them overpowered my character, a character I thought of as my child. I could have avoided all those emotional feelings of vowing to destroy all the various creatures whose strengths surprised me, killing my character, so many times, before I managed to manually, without the instructions to read giving me godlike control, I figured out the keyboard function worked by hit and miss. I had no way of knowing how to get stronger, better equipped, and return to the jobs along the way, until I had mourned many of my character's deaths; and then restarted the game giving my new character a new name each time. I played a Dunmer each time.

I wish to thank all who made the game. I wish to thank Bethesda, Zenimax, and companies I may not yet have realized. Thank you, and thank all you modders for the happy times, the miserable times, and the modding skills I have acquired since those times until the month of 2, on the day of 10, in the year 2004 when my own mod that was put on RW disks hanging in limbo. Until I found them dusty, nearly corrupt from dirt, and with words on the paper sleeves I could barely make out because they became horribly faded. I found them among the dust under a shelf where my old bicycle's shoes were.

The new Blue-Ray, CD, DVD RW that came with a new computer had all the codes for all the old CD and DVD W and RW so I finally got to bring the mod and all the mods I learned from out of LIMBO. Yay!

Just so you can even imagine how that made me feel, I want you to know, we all have an inner child and mine was 49 years old when I download the demo clip, for the passage that became a mod available in later years, on a 26.6 kb modem.

I wish you all the fun, thrills, and miserably happy experiences I had playing Morrowind. Maybe not on a video game machine like that one I had with Windows 98 SE OS, that I later got XP for.

Now I have used up more of this websites space for a time, time that I could have used to gather the names and seek the living members names from who made this game a wonderful place to imagine and learn from about video game modding.

Thank you!

• 5 years later...
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic