Photo

download still capped after buying premium

download speed

Best Answer Pickysaurus , 16 January 2020 - 11:22 AM

OP updated the first post with their solution. 

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

OnionMan42

OnionMan42

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Using 10 threads is still not fixing it for me... is there something particularly weird with the Skyrim SSE Legacy of the Dragonborn mod? My download speed (even at 1 thread) would shoot up to download all the other mods I've decided I want, but for this mod in particular, even after going premium, bumping up to 10 threads, re-starting the download from scratch, and restarting vortex multiple times, I'm consistently not managing to hit even 50 KB/sec.

Have you tried to download the problem mod manually?

Yes, but I find when vortex works, it goes much faster than manual downloads through a browser do for me. I may just do that instead, but downloading a 1gig+ mod is gonna be rough.

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Awake at stupid o'clock

• Premium Member
  • 14,431 posts

Using 10 threads is still not fixing it for me... is there something particularly weird with the Skyrim SSE Legacy of the Dragonborn mod? My download speed (even at 1 thread) would shoot up to download all the other mods I've decided I want, but for this mod in particular, even after going premium, bumping up to 10 threads, re-starting the download from scratch, and restarting vortex multiple times, I'm consistently not managing to hit even 50 KB/sec.

When you switched Vortex to use 10 threads, did you log out of Vortex, restart it and log back in?

Because just switching it and expecting your next download to be fast probably isn't going to work.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: download, speed

Page loaded in: 1.132 seconds