Coronavirus - Is there a silver lining?

MrJoseCuervo

Come to Florida. It's nice down here and lots to do. I have a home here and one in Washington DC but I stay in Florida most of the time.

:smile: I actually have family in Florida. (Vero Beach.) Unfortunately, the heat and humidity in summer just kill me. I have MS, so temp extremes take a pretty serious toll on me. I want to live someplace where it is sunny and 75 every day. :D If I ever find that place, I'll let ya know. :D

Oh.. I would suggest San Diego then.. unfortunately its in California.

Yeah, cost of living there is just stupid. That, and I really don't wanna live in a state that is sliding off into the ocean at the rate of half an inch a year...... :D

Ya ... even sailboats are faster than that (well most of the time).

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to Florida. It's nice down here and lots to do. I have a home here and one in Washington DC but I stay in Florida most of the time.

:smile: I actually have family in Florida. (Vero Beach.) Unfortunately, the heat and humidity in summer just kill me. I have MS, so temp extremes take a pretty serious toll on me. I want to live someplace where it is sunny and 75 every day. :D If I ever find that place, I'll let ya know. :D

Yeah, cost of living there is just stupid. That, and I really don't wanna live in a state that is sliding off into the ocean at the rate of half an inch a year...... :D

Sailboats are too much work. :) I wanna just turn the key, and go.

It's snowing now! Just started 15 minutes ago.

We're all being given another few days, or weeks, of cold snowy weather before we can do anything garden preparations.

More time to stay in, and go out to shovel the walks. For those of us who have a habit of enjoying imported food we're seeing some of those kinds of luxury items diminish in the grocery stores. No deliveries arrived from out of state that brought a collections of sandwich's I got accustomed to. It's been two months now since they were fully stocked. The last of them were so dried out even though they are in sealed bags it was like eating crusts.

I thought the Coronary Virus was only discovered spreading out a couple of weeks ago. Two companies I buy stock from have both been nearly two months since their last delivery. I've noticed a lot more luxury foods not restocked so I get the impression this flu virus was just not nationally broadcast until the last two weeks.

Sailboats are too much work. :smile: I wanna just turn the key, and go.

Which is why I "suggested" I may be of some use. Some haul halyards and tweak sheets ... others watch the water go by. Always a job for everybody.

Sailboats are too much work. :smile: I wanna just turn the key, and go.

Which is why I "suggested" I may be of some use. Some haul halyards and tweak sheets ... others watch the water go by. Always a job for everybody.

I think I could manage watching the water go by. That sounds right up my alley. :D

I think we should all stop a moment at the time our mind is alerted to Reality if our day begins and the sun rises and focus today a moment in reverence to mourn the loss of all the other old people who died because of natural causes, coronary heart disease, pneumonia, animal related flu, and corona-virus 19. And not to forget some of the younger than us old people who die too from all the diseases and more we all suffer from because we are Human.

Rest in Peace!

On a different note:

I noticed a frightening occurrence when I was playing Star Wars: The Old Republic.

It happens when we captain our Starship to a planet preparing our first one or two landings on space docking stations. We fly the starship to get to a planet where we are in orbit. As we are going to the hatch to exit the robot says something about fixing the Escape Pod just for our needs and says he'll go down with the ship if it the ship should be damaged so.

We finish the journey to the docking bay door. Open the door. And the next thing I know it appears I have ended up in the escape pod watching as the starship appears to my sight in open space. The starship continues flying toward the docking station bay.

Is that a little bit of Star Wars humor?

I thought it was funny the first time.

Just like a flu joke I heard once or twice. I wonder if any of you remember it. All I remember now is the question: How do you get the flu from a chicken?

Haven't heard that one? Hm?

Since my earliest memories the flu was strange to think about. In the recent 30 or 40 years of memories I recall animals seems to get all the discredit for causing us all to have the flu. Swine Flu, Bird Flu, and more.

Now for the first time the flu is caused by something that sort of appears to be connected to a coronary function. Like a Heart has. So does that mean that now the heart of someone who had a coronary (dangerous heart failure) is the fault for this last batch of Flu Virus.

I think they should have named it the ELDERS CORONARY PANIC FLU. Who best to panic and old age has been known to kill a lot of people.

Yet so many elderly and other age humans die from the most mysterious disease no one even thinks twice about, we all know it as NATURAL CAUSES. :pinch: If someone old famous, important, and/or wise dies, or young famous, popular, and/or Rich dies it's a national event.

If we old gritty witchy women and gritty grimy wizardly old men die, instead of a bunch of young people, the public feeling is less than a passing Obit in the newspaper to show our families remorse for our loss, we were old.

I wonder if the person who made that Star Wars : The Old Republic bik for the game was entertained by such a strange thought as to drop us off in an escape pod so we can feel like I do when I wake up in the morning. I feel like I am suspended in space waiting for some attention from the cook who is missing in Star Wars : The Old Republic :ermm: before I realize I am the cook now! :tongue:

Old Peg Leg John Silver from Treasure Island was the cook on board the ship.

While I was thinking about having to get off of this warm soft sleeping pad inside a sleeping bag; I realized. I'm already to be packed up and loaded into a (whatever) just zip the bag up the rest of the way and toss me on the medic's gurney.

Just a quick reminder why I started this post.

I think we should all stop a moment at the time our mind is alerted to Reality if our day begins and the sun rises and focus today a moment in reverence to mourn the loss of all the other old people who died because of natural causes, coronary heart disease, pneumonia, animal related flu, and corona-virus 19. And not to forget some of the younger than us old people who die too from all the diseases and more we all suffer from because we are Human.

Rest in Peace!

I don't know about anyone else, but I am learning to appreciate all those years someone cleaned house for us children.

I have been cleaning up this little house I call my wooden tent. I have learned so much about cleaning too.

I am actually getting physical exercise making me healthier and more resistant to the viral germs that always are out there threatening us. Just because I am cleaning everything in the house and getting stronger; I can do more each day.

As soon as I am finished cleaning out all the dust, dirt, algae, mold, and germ babies I'll be able to start doing what women did. The place I used to call home Mom was always cleaning one room a day. I benefited from her neat nik nature like all the rest of the family. That is, until I grew up and moved out on my own to go hunting, fishing, and trapping.

With all the physical labor I am doing just to get to every hand cloth, wash cloth, drying towel, sheets and pillowcases, the mattress, and box spring of the bed, the floor swept and mopped (iRoomba does the sweeping and mopping) the knick knacks shelves, the books and their shelves dusted. And!!! Oh, my! As I sat here writing I just laid back to rest a second, and noticed a smudge :sick: on the ceiling. Time for another lesson, Ceiling Cleaning. :ninja:

Yeah! Now I will be stretching up and reaching for those hard spots to reach for a half an hour per ceiling in each pasasge way through my wooden tents rooms.

:woot: , I'll be as flexible as a new bean stock after stretching to reach the ceilings each time I clean a room or the long hall to the stairs.

I am so glad I only have 4 rooms the hallway with walls and ceilings, a couple of bookshelf, knick knack shelves, the computer and all the clothing including shoes and boots too, and me to clean.

:sweat:

Wow! If I do it like Mom told me she did the house cleaning I'll have three days to mess it all up again! :teehee: :dance:

" I'll have three days to mess it all up again! "

There we go ... back to half full. Will you be posting any tutorial videos?

Edited by Striker879