Site profile pic

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

weirdsciencex

weirdsciencex

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 62 posts

I've noticed on the main site, not the forum that people have different profile images.

How do I go about changing mine? I've looked all over and cannot find an option to do it.

Striker879

Striker879

YAOF ... just what the world needed

• Premium Member
  • 10,749 posts

On the Nexus Forum site (this interface) click on your username top left corner and select My Profile. On your profile page click on the Edit my Profile button (top right). On the top of the list under General Account Settings click on the Change my photo... button.

weirdsciencex

weirdsciencex

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 62 posts

On the Nexus Forum site (this interface) click on your username top left corner and select My Profile. On your profile page click on the Edit my Profile button (top right). On the top of the list under General Account Settings click on the Change my photo... button.

Thanks but that is what I already did, see the attached pics but as you can see, it doesn't change

https://i.imgur.com/Vh1gdZW.png

https://i.imgur.com/SkhqtcP.png

Druuler

Druuler

Not a Robot, an Android

• Premium Member
  • 8,551 posts

It sometimes takes a wee bit of time for the change to show up.  A few days is not unusual, if I remember correctly.

DoctorKaizeld

DoctorKaizeld

That's Miss Dr. Sir Inquisitor to you

• Premium Member
  • 9,464 posts
I thought it was a user side issue where the user doesn't see the change while others do. I think it just takes an hour or logging out and in again

BigBizkit

BigBizkit

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 5,744 posts

Very odd. While it may take some time to show up, it shouldn't take days.

Can you please try going via your "site preferences" on the site (not the forums) and then make sure to delete both your avatar and gravatar first. Then wait a few minutes before reuploading just your avatar. Let me know if that works.

weirdsciencex

weirdsciencex

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 62 posts

I had forgotten all about this post, but I was poking around in settings and decided to change my profile pic to the one I use elsewhere and that seems to have fixed the issue, I now see it on the main site :) Maybe the image was bugged somehow, I've seen it happen before on other sites to different people.

Pickysaurus

Pickysaurus

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 13,054 posts

There is a weird quirk I've also noticed with old accounts where the forums shows an avatar but the site shows it blank. I think this is a bug from a long time ago related to how Gravtars were saved. Next time I find an account in that state I'll have to look into it further. 

Page loaded in: 0.976 seconds