I Need Help With Oblivion Crashing

TLC77

It's the right hand button on your mouse that you click.

Look at the mouse pictures on this Logitech page. Notice the mice shown have a wheel in between two buttons. On the mouse shown at the top right of that page the mouse button that has the word Logi on it is the left mouse button, and on the other side, past the center wheel is the right mouse button.

In Wrye Bash all of the menus are accessed using the right mouse button. For the context menu I'm trying to get you to open you move the mouse cursor (most often a little arrow pointed up and angled to the left) in the grey blank area just after the e in the word File and you will notice that the File column header changes colour (on my machine it turns light blue ... see this picture). When you have the mouse cursor beside the word File and then click the right mouse button you will see the column header context menu (see this picture). When you move your mouse cursor over the words Sort By a new submenu will open (see this picture) and you want to confirm that there is an indicator beside Load Order as you see in the picture.

Once you have done that open the context menu again and this time move your mouse cursor down to the words List Mods (see this picture) and left click on the words List Mods. The Active Mod Files pop up dialgue box will open (see this picture). Left mouse click and hold it down at the very beginning (top left corner of the text window in front of the word Active) and then move your mouse to the lower right corner of the text window ... you will notice that all of the text in the window gets highlighted (I can't post a picture showing this as the Nexus site only allows me to upload 5 pictures every 24 hours ... I have served my sentence, maybe with a bit of time off for good behaviour so here is the final picture). With the text still highlighted press and hold down the keyboard's Ctrl key and then hit the c key while still holding down the Ctrl key. This will copy the highlighted text from the Wrye Bash Active Mod Files dialogue box to the Windows Clipboard.

Open this form post and either edit or create a new post. Once you have a post open press and hold down the Ctrl key and while still holding it down hit the v key. You will see the entire contents of the Wrye Bash Active Mod Files dialogue box is now entered into your post. Click the Post button and you will see that your post now contains a small gray box with the word Spoiler in it that looks like this:

Active Mod Files:

00  Oblivion.esm
01  EnhancedWeather.esm  [Version 1.4.4]
02  Cobl Main.esm  [Version 1.73]
03  Race Repository.esm
04  Minotaur Race.esm
05  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.5.1]
++  UOPS Additional Changes.esp
++  Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
06  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
07  Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp  [Version 1.5.5]
++  USIPS Additional Changes.esp
++  VCI Shivering Start CC.esp
08  EnhancedWeather.esp  [Version 1.4.4]
09  Idle Dialogue.esp  [Version 1.3]
0A  1em_GiveAGift.esp  [Version 1.2]
0B  Torch Hotkey.esp
0C  CoO1.esp
0D  DialogTweaks.esp  [Version 1.2]
0E  Female Lich.esp
0F  Personality Idles - Modified version.esp  [Version 1.4]
10  See You Sleep DLL.esp
11  Enhanced Economy.esp  [Version 5.4.3]
12  Lava Does Fire Damage.esp
13  Hotkey Pro.esp  [Version 1.3]
14  FovZoom.esp
15  DLCHorseArmor.esp
16  DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.8]
17  SM Plugin Refurbish - HorseArmor.esp  [Version 1.11]
18  DLCOrrery.esp
19  DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.5]
1A  SM Plugin Refurbish - Orrery.esp  [Version 1.11]
1B  DLCVileLair.esp
1C  DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.10]
++  SM Plugin Refurbish - VileLair.esp  [Version 1.21]
1D  See You Sleep DLL - DLCVileLair.esp
1E  DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
1F  DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.6]
20  SM Plugin Refurbish - MehrunesRazor.esp  [Version 1.30]
21  DLCSpellTomes.esp
++  DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
++  DLCSpellTomes-No Attack.esp
**  EVE_StockEquipmentReplacer.esp
++  BladeofWoeReplacer9Tongues.esp
22  KnightsOfTheThornArmor.esp
23  RealSwords - Argonian LO-NPC.esp
24  RealSwords - Bosmer LO-NPC.esp
25  RealSwords - Breton LO-NPC.esp
26  RealSwords - Dunmer LO-NPC.esp
27  RealSwords - Khajiit LO-NPC v1.3.esp
28  RealSwords - Nord LO-NPC SI.esp
29  RealSwords - Orc LO-NPC v1.0.esp
2A  RealSwords - Redguard LO-NPC.esp
2B  Goblin Realswords+Tribal Shields.esp
2C  DLCThievesDen.esp
2D  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.12]
2E  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp  [Version 1.0.12]
2F  SM Plugin Refurbish - ThievesDen.esp  [Version 1.30]
30  Cobl Glue.esp  [Version 1.73]
31  Cobl Si.esp  [Version 1.63]
++  Cobl Tweaks - SI.esp
32  Alluring Potion Bottles v3.esp
33  Alluring Wine Bottles.esp
34  kuerteeWanderingEncounters.esp
35  AK_corpses_collector.esp
36  AleswellHomeQuest.esp
37  AleswellCOBLaddon.esp
++  Cheydinhal Land Texture Fix.esp  [Version 2.0]
38  Whispered Warning.esp
39  Better Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary.esp  [Version 3.22]
3A  Better Abandoned House.esp  [Version 2.0]
3B  BDBS - Whispered Warning Patch.esp  [Version 3.22]
3C  BravilBridgeCottage.esp  [Version 2.1]
3D  BravilBridgeCotCOBLaddon.esp
3E  BrotherhoodRenewed.esp  [Version 1.1.2]
3F  EMBridgeHouse.esp
40  EMBridgeHouseCOBLaddon.esp
41  EMLeyawiinhouse.esp
42  EMLeyawiinhouseCOBLaddon.esp
43  EM_Cheydinhalhouse1.esp
44  COBL_EMCheydinhalSwanCottage.esp
45  EM_RedRoseManor.esp  [Version 2.0]
46  EMRedRoseAddonCOBL.esp
47  EM_Packdonkeys.esp  [Version 2.1]
48  GwedenBrothel.esp
49  GwedenExpansion.esp
4A  Jagnot-SI-Summitpoint House.esp
4B  RoxeyCottage.esp  [Version 2.3]
4C  RoxeyCottageCOBLaddon.esp
4D  RumpleMod.esp
4E  RumpleModSI.esp
4F  Temple District Repaired.esp
50  TinyHouse.esp
51  COBLaddonTinyHouse.esp
52  WaterlilyCottage1.esp  [Version 1.1]
53  WaterlilyCottageCOBLaddon.esp
54  Panther River Smuggler's Shack.esp
55  DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
56  DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.9]
57  SM Plugin Refurbish - Battlehorn.esp  [Version 1.30]
58  FalkreathGS_RM.esp
59  DLCFrostcrag.esp
5A  DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.9]
5B  SM Plugin Refurbish - Frostcrag.esp  [Version 1.2]
5C  BrumaGuildReconstructed.esp  [Version 1.0.2]
5D  Knights.esp
5E  Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.1.5]
**  EVE_KnightsoftheNine.esp
++  SM Plugin Refurbish - Knights.esp  [Version 1.06]
5F  MABlueMoonCottage.esp
60  FishermansCottage.esp  [Version 3]
61  FishermansCOBLaddonNEW.esp
62  Faregyl.esp  [Version 2.0.11]
63  Feldscar.esp  [Version 1.0.13]
64  Gottshaw Village.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
65  Vergayun.esp  [Version 2.0.2]
66  Sutch Village.esp  [Version 1.0.4]
67  HUD Status Bars.esp  [Version 5.3.2]
68  EVE_ShiveringIslesEasterEggs.esp
++  ExpandedGreetings.esp  [Version 1.1]
69  AnAlchemistsLife.esp
6A  Variant Vagabonds.esp
6B  hhVariedMages.esp
6C  Safe Traveling NPC.esp
6D  SMYB Love Female Only.esp
6E  tbskGuardsFeatures.esp
6F  upperGothicClutter.esp
70  RealisticFatigue.esp
71  Basic Primary Needs.esp  [Version 6.3]
72  Basic Physical Activities.esp  [Version 1.3]
73  SigilStoneSelector.esp
74  kuerteeMagickaBasedEnchantmentLimits.esp
75  StolenItemOwnership.esp
76  SM Combat Hide.esp  [Version 1.2]
77  Enhanced Grabbing.esp  [Version 0.5]
78  kuerteeNPCsYield.esp
79  Unequip Broken Armor.esp  [Version 2.8.2]
7A  Glowing Respawning Varla & Welkynd Stones 14-28 Days.esp
7B  DS Companion Wardrobe Manager.esp  [Version 0.9]
++  Female Xivilai.esp
7C  Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp  [Version 2.0]
7D  Umbra the Unfortunate.esp
7E  SPAWN.esp  [Version 0.3]
++  -No-_persistant_enchantment_glow_fix-1843.esp
++  kuerteeDetectLifeEffect.esp
7F  kuerteeNightEyeShader.esp
++  Cobl Filter Late MERGE ONLY.esp  [Version 1.53]
80  Elz - No Floating Weapon.esp
81  MyAdditionalNPCs.esp
82  MyTweakedNPCs.esp
83  MyTweaks.esp
84  Fluffy Follower Frill.esp
85  AnAlchemistsLifeVariantVagabondsPatch.esp
86  AnAlchemistsLifehhVariedMagesPatch.esp
++  OCO2 - redguard patch.esp
++  OCOv2FaceTexturePatch.esp
++  AesLowerLevelEnemiesDontDisappear.esp
87  Bashed Patch, 0.esp
88  AlleviationSpell.esp
89  Niben Bay Camp.esp

When you click on the gray button in this post that contains the word Spoiler you will see my entire load order.
- Edit - Added the last picture, for what it's worth.
Edited by Striker879

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at this photo you posted and in the section below the top part find where it says Oblivion.esm [sI] in blue letters. Look directly above that and you'll find the name for that column ... it says File.

Now open Wrye Bash and position your mouse cursor to the right of the word File and click your right mouse button and the context menu will open.

Omg I am so dumb :pinch: I think I got what you needed, sorry for the inconvenience https://pastebin.com/jksSt6JZ

Look at this photo you posted and in the section below the top part find where it says Oblivion.esm [sI] in blue letters. Look directly above that and you'll find the name for that column ... it says File.

Now open Wrye Bash and position your mouse cursor to the right of the word File and click your right mouse button and the context menu will open.

Omg I am so dumb :pinch: I think I got what you needed, sorry for the inconvenience https://pastebin.com/jksSt6JZ. Thanks for your patience and support.

OK ... now look at the numbers on the left side of what you pasted onto the Paste Bin load order and at Paste Bin line number 56 you will see the number 2E that OblivionAddicted was saying you need to find.

Load order numbers are hexadecimal (so instead of going from 1 to 10 and then switching to 11 to 20, hexadecimal goes from 00 to 1F and then switches to 20 to 2F). The mod that you have at load order 2E is Oblivion Scaling Unclusterf*#@ed.esp and that is the mod giving you all of those errors in the Crash Log Paste Bin you did back in your original post (errors listed from Paste Bin line 10 to 199). That could be due to an improper installation, so first thing would be to ensure that you have everything properly installed with Oblivion Scaling Unclusterf*#@ed. If you can't find anything wrong with Oblivion Scaling Unclusterf*#@ed's installation I'd suggest disabling Oblivion Scaling Unclusterf*#@ed.esp and then test to see if the crashing continues.

The lowest errors reported in the Crash Log are related to Oblivion.esm (see Paste Bin line 200) and then you have three that are from Better Cities Resources.esm (see lines 201, 202 & 203). If the crashing still happens when you have Oblivion Scaling Unclustref*#@ed.esp disabled then your next step will be to disable all of the Better Cities related stuff (so that will include all of the Better City patches for other mods).

I'm not sure what to make of your last five errors in the Crash Log (lines 240 to 244) ... the numbers starting with FF are things generated by leveled lists, so those could be mod related or vanilla game related. Do you have any recollection of some problem in game with Bound Armor or Bound Weapons?

There are also two errors related to scripts in Oblivion Uncut.esp (see Paste Bin lines 4 & 7), so I guess that would be the last thing you could disable and test to see if it is the problem.

Edited by Striker879

OK ... now look at the numbers on the left side of what you pasted onto the Paste Bin load order and at Paste Bin line number 56 you will see the number 2E that OblivionAddicted was saying you need to find.

Load order numbers are hexadecimal (so instead of going from 1 to 10 and then switching to 11 to 20, hexadecimal goes from 00 to 1F and then switches to 20 to 2F). The mod that you have at load order 2E is Oblivion Scaling Unclusterf*#@ed.esp and that is the mod giving you all of those errors in the Crash Log Paste Bin you did back in your original post (errors listed from Paste Bin line 10 to 199). That could be due to an improper installation, so first thing would be to ensure that you have everything properly installed with Oblivion Scaling Unclusterf*#@ed. If you can't find anything wrong with Oblivion Scaling Unclusterf*#@ed's installation I'd suggest disabling Oblivion Scaling Unclusterf*#@ed.esp and then test to see if the crashing continues.

The lowest errors reported in the Crash Log are related to Oblivion.esm (see Paste Bin line 200) and then you have three that are from Better Cities Resources.esm (see lines 201, 202 & 203). If the crashing still happens when you have Oblivion Scaling Unclustref*#@ed.esp disabled then your next step will be to disable all of the Better Cities related stuff (so that will include all of the Better City patches for other mods).

I'm not sure what to make of your last five errors in the Crash Log (lines 240 to 244) ... the numbers starting with FF are things generated by leveled lists, so those could be mod related or vanilla game related. Do you have any recollection of some problem in game with Bound Armor or Bound Weapons?

There are also two errors related to scripts in Oblivion Uncut.esp (see Paste Bin lines 4 & 7), so I guess that would be the last thing you could disable and test to see if it is the problem.

Tried disabling Oblivion Unclustered and did a clean save. Didn't work, here's the new crash log https://pastebin.com/udQxtv84. I will try disabling Better Cities now.

Edit: Wait, why am I blaming Better Cities for the crash? Something in Oblivion itself is broken...

Edited by TLC77

I don't know a lot about the Steam version of the game, just what I pick up reading posts on here, but isn't it possible for you to get Steam to verify the vanilla game files? I agree that you have something not right, and it does seems likely that it's vanilla Oblivion (you gained a bunch more of those Bound item warnings).

Perhaps a test using a new game start rather than loading a save will help narrow it down (I'm thinking that all those Bound item errors are just a result of whatever the underlying problem is, not necessarily part of the problem). A crash log from a new game start will not have any "baggage" coming from the save file (and if it doesn't crash may point towards save corruption being the problem).

Edited by Striker879

Why didn't you follow my instructions instead of directly disabling Oblivion Scaling Unclusterf*#@ed.esp?

You'd better either fix the errors in Oblivion Scaling Unclusterf*#@ed.esp or load a save with the latter active and follow UESP's guide for a clean save https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Tes4Mod:Clean_Save

I don't know a lot about the Steam version of the game, just what I pick up reading posts on here, but isn't it possible for you to get Steam to verify the vanilla game files? I agree that you have something not right, and it does seems likely that it's vanilla Oblivion (you gained a bunch more of those Bound item warnings).

Perhaps a test using a new game start rather than loading a save will help narrow it down (I'm thinking that all those Bound item errors are just a result of whatever the underlying problem is, not necessarily part of the problem). A crash log from a new game start will not have any "baggage" coming from the save file (and if it doesn't crash may point towards save corruption being the problem).

Alright, I'll try that. Will edit the comment once I get the info.

Edit: Created a new game and proceeded to do the main questline. When I tried going to Kvatch, the game froze https://pastebin.com/WDdgdrAn

Edited by TLC77