Photo

How to load old (pre-mod use) saves after installing mod(s)

help pls pre mod premod

13 replies to this topic

PaultheKing

PaultheKing

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

After installing a mod I can only see Modded (M) saves, but I want to load an old save from before I picked some options in the game (these saves also being before I modded my game)

I got the notification saying something along the lines of 'achievements are disabled'  but now when I try to load my old saves I only see the Modded ones with (M) at the beginning.

Is this normal?  Is there a fix for this?

To clarify: I want to load unmodded saves into modded ones, but I cannot load them as I can only see my recent (as I have only download the first mod for the game today) Modded saves

Another edit: When I start up the game, I can see my old vanilla saves and my newer modded saves. When I load a modded save, and then try to load an old (unmodded) save in the load menu, it only shows the recent modded ones 

Edited by PaultheKing, 15 September 2020 - 08:19 PM.

Gunslinger808

Gunslinger808

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Probably have to disable any mods you downloaded, then go back to a pre mod save. 
if you just go back to a pre mod save with mods still active, it’ll change that save to reflect you have mods active. 

PaultheKing

PaultheKing

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

i don't want to dsiable any mods though, I just want to load  unmodded saves and turn them into modded ones. I can't do that because when I have mods enabled, its only showing the modded ones (not vanilla) and I can't load old saves

Probably have to disable any mods you downloaded, then go back to a pre mod save. 
if you just go back to a pre mod save with mods still active, it’ll change that save to reflect you have mods active. 

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,729 posts

I think there is a setting for that somewhere, but, I don't remember where. Is steam saving your unmodded games in the cloud, and the modded saves in the local folder? (C:\users\yourusername\my games\fallout 4\saves....)

PaultheKing

PaultheKing

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

I don't have a ' %my games%' folder

I think there is a setting for that somewhere, but, I don't remember where. Is steam saving your unmodded games in the cloud, and the modded saves in the local folder? (C:\users\yourusername\my games\fallout 4\saves....)

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,729 posts

Look in your user profile. It might be in Documents as well.

Just looked, yep, in win 10, it's a subfolder of documents.

PaultheKing

PaultheKing

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

yep, that is correct. it seems I have all my saves there (including unmodded, but how can you tell which one is a modded save or a vanilla one?)

Look in your user profile. It might be in Documents as well.

Just looked, yep, in win 10, it's a subfolder of documents.

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,729 posts

So far as I know, that is a designation added by the game itself. I don't see anything in the folder itself, in the file names that says if it is modded or not......

PaultheKing

PaultheKing

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

is there a seperate area where modded saves are held?  How do I turn off steam loading them to the cloud?

So far as I know, that is a designation added by the game itself. I don't see anything in the folder itself, in the file names that says if it is modded or not......

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,729 posts

Have a look here. See if any of that is helpful.

I don't play the vanilla game, ever.... and steam is pretty well blocked at my firewall, (except when necessary....) as I don't like it updating my games on a whim. :D

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, pls, pre, mod, premod

Page loaded in: 1.200 seconds