Intel Textureworks Alternative for Photoshop 2021?

femshepping

I've been forced to download the latest Photoshop after using Photoshop 2015 on my old computer and being unable to get it back with Adobe's BS/subscription crap. Intel TextureWorks was an absolute lifesaver and I used that plugin for every mod I've made when doing textures, but unfortunately it's not compatible with the new Photoshop. Does anyone know of any alternative plugins? I can't find any at all and I'd really rather not start using programs that I have no idea/experience in when I've got so many WIPs that I want to try and finish :(

Please bear in mind I'm not a 3D modeller so telling me to open the textures on the model in Blendr is, I'm sure, said with the best intentions, but I can't do it.

• 7 months later...

I also worked in photoshop for a long time in 2015, and everything was fine. When I switched to the 2021 version, I faced the same problem. I have not found similar plugins that would meet my requirements (I am engaged in the restoration of old photos like here https://photorelive.com/services/photo-restoration-service, and so I needed Intel Textureworks). Photoshop 2019 worked perfectly with Intel Textureworks, so I decided to stop at this version. Textures were a very important part for my work, so I was ready to sacrifice a small advantage of the 2021 version. I think you will also not lose much if you do this.

Edited by MarginSil

I gave up on Photoshop when they went to the subscription model (I personally consider SaS to be a scam.) I just use Paint.net. It may not be quite as fully featured but it has a large library of plugins that you can choose from, natively supports DDS, and it's free.

• 1 year later...