Vortex GUI distorted @120Hz

Wizzard2010

Seriously, you didn't specify Vortex settings. You could have been referring to Windows, Nvdia settings.., but thanks for the snide reply. I'll give it a try.

This was the logical troubleshooting process I followed, in order to find an answer the quickest by process of elimination...

You're in a Vortex support forum, asking for help with Vortex.

You mentioned that you "have no problem with any other other app" which means the problem is with Vortex, and since you own an nVidia card, it's assumed that you've messed with the setting in the nVidia app.

Telling you to change a Windows setting, or nVida setting would've affected your apps GLOBALLY, but, knowing that Vortex was the only program affected, (as you said), naturally, I'm going to tell you to change a setting in VORTEX, because it's the only app you're having trouble with.

Guest deleted34304850

Got to say the replies you were given weren't in any way "snide". It's logical to assume that the settings you need to change are in the program you're having an issue with. No?

Anyway, did the change to Vortex settings work?

Edited by 1ae0bfb8

Seems to have done the trick. Don't understand why GPU acceleration would be a setting feature for an app that doesn't seem obvious to me as to why such a setting would exist, but there it is. Disabling worked. Thanks.

Glad it worked, we've had other people have the exact same problem, and shutting off the GPU acceleration in Vortex has worked for them

GPUs aren't just for games, most modern applications utilize the GPU to render quicker (especially when dealing with more complex ui, like if you have a large number of mods in Vortex scrolling may become unpleasant without acceleration).

Usually visual glitches like this happen because you have changed the global graphics settings in the nvidia/amd control panel, e.g. forcing FXAA on every application. If so you may encounter similar problems in some other applications.

Disabling GPU acceleration is the easiest solution but the *correct* solution would be to turn all "3D" settings to defaults in the gpu control panel and make any optimizations per-game.