Issues with BIOS/Booting

The PC booting and then seemingly halting to then reboot is most often a RAM issue where the PC (with a recent motherboard) wants to check the RAM to see if the motherboard can communicate with said RAM. This is often the case when you use RAM that needs a so-called XMP profile with RAM from a brand that isn't supported by the brand of motherboard you have.

If the issue persists, set everything concerning RAM sticks to "Auto" in the BIOS. Turn on the PC and use it for a short while (ten minutes to a couple of hours), shut down the PC and reboot to go into the BIOS and adapt the RAM settings to their value. After that, the PC will boot in a normal fashion.

If none of the above apply, shut down the PC and re-seat the RAM sticks to see what gives.

Do you need any driver updates which you don't get elsewhere try this free source https://windowsmaximizer.com/driver/updates/dell/cameras-and-scanners/dell-3333dn3335dn I had an issue with my hardware a few days ago. And I updated my drivers from there. Try and enjoy. LOL!

I don't trust ANY of those 'fix it' tools, they are more often than not, malicious software. (adware) Windows 10 already does a decent job of updating drivers...... and most of the big manufacturers have their own utilities for update drivers in any event, and they get them directly from the manufacturers website. The number of 'third party' driver sites that I actually trust is vanishingly small, and any site that wants you to install some software, in order to get your driver updates, is universally a scam.

Do you need any driver updates which you don't get elsewhere try this free source https://windowsmaximizer.com/driver/updates/dell/cameras-and-scanners/dell-3333dn3335dn I had an issue with my hardware a few days ago. And I updated my drivers from there. Try and enjoy. LOL!

Nah, new drivers aren't needed to boot-up a PC. The basic drivers to use some peripherals like a hard drive or SSD come with windows itself, otherwise you'd get stuck in a loop right off the bat. Like HeyYou said, downloading drivers from dubious sources will only get you into trouble, certainly when those drivers are for a specific brand like DELL. Don't ever recommend drivers from DELL when you don't know if the user you're recommending these drivers to is also using a DELL machine.

DELL and Hewlett-Packard use motherboards from known manufacturors of which the BIOS has been altered to the brand's specific needs. As such, the drivers for the chipsets and even CPU are different and won't work on any other machine.

Drivers are a LOT less of an issue with Win 10 in any event. Generally, I do a base install of windows, then just run updates. Windows will grab 99% of the drivers it needs. I will usually grab video drivers from the card manufacturer though. I don't trust windows with those. (unless it's an intel or AMD integrated video....) For gaming machines, I will have a look at sound devices as well, as Windows tends to just want to use the MS drivers......

For the odd and strange hardware that windows can't figure out, Snappy Driver Installer has proven to be reliable, and reasonably accurate. It was a godsend when we were still doing windows 7 machines. Instead of having to manually go thru and install each individual driver, just plug in the USB stick, and let Snappy deal with it all. Made win 7 installs a snap. (until you started doing updates...... :) )

• 8 months later...

Often, after assembling a computer or installing new components in the case, the user sometimes forgets to connect the power cables or interface cables. Or the plugs are not connected to the connectors tightly enough, as a result of which contact between the devices is impossible. Also, for various reasons, the contacts may diverge from devices that previously worked normally (due to a strong shake of the computer case, a sharp change in temperature or humidity, etc.). In such cases, the machine either does not start at all, or after it is turned on, it signals hardware problems.I decided to configure the bios myself and came across https://www.softwaretesttips.com/enable-virtualization-in-bios/ and it really helped.

Edited by ralphden

• 2 weeks later...

if it was not the cmos battery check if you overclocked anything or if memory runs not stable. in my case, same symptoms, it was one of the ram sticks with instability. adjusting the mem voltage solved the problem for me.

if it was not the cmos battery check if you overclocked anything or if memory runs not stable. in my case, same symptoms, it was one of the ram sticks with instability. adjusting the mem voltage solved the problem for me.

Sometimes, just reseating your ram will solve those issues. :)