Peace For All Factions

Adipose

Is there any way to end the game with the survival of all four factions?

I don't think so...... Too many of the factions require the institute be destroyed to 'finish' the game. If you go institute, the railroad and BoS have to go. Even the minutemen require destruction of the institute......

• 3 weeks later...

There is a mod that lets you fake the destruction of the Institute, having synths move the bomb so it only looks like it is destroyed. Did this on my current playthrough, kept all three factions from killing each other and then faked the Institute destruction so it is still there. Did take two console commands to setstage on Nuclear Family so I ended up as Director.

But without mods? No way to leave everybody intact.

I completed my mod. If you want an experience closer to vanilla there's the mod Subversion. You can reform the Institute, spare the Railroad and replace Maxson with a synth.

If you want a complete overhaul of the Institute there's Project Valkyrie by Thuggysmurf.

Both mods allow an immersive lore-friendly peaceful ending, no cheats or weird console commands required and no "miraculous" restoration of factions that don't make any sense.

Edited by ToroMontana

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

TBH, this is a post-apocalyptic world - which implies survival of the fittest - not survival of everyone.

Somebody has to go, because they are a menace to society.

Raiders, Gunners - they are easy.

BOS and Institute - they pretty much resemble oppression. Civilized society doesn't want oppression.

Pretty much leaves the Railroad and the Minutemen. Between them you look for a more "civilized" form of leadership.

• 2 months later...