Photo

Pathtoolongexceptio

Best Answer AugustaCalidia , 25 March 2021 - 01:49 PM

This is not a Vortex issue.  This is a warning from Windows that you have a path exceeding the Windows limit on the number of characters used in a path.  The solution is simple: shorten the path.  Google "pathtoolongexception" for more information.

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

soulsguardian

soulsguardian

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
While installing mods I suddenly got an error of pathtoolongexception. I've never had this issue before and am at a loss on how to solve it does anyone have any sudgestions?

AugustaCalidia

AugustaCalidia

Mayor of Talos Plaza

• Premium Member
  • 2,504 posts
✓  Best Answer

This is not a Vortex issue.  This is a warning from Windows that you have a path exceeding the Windows limit on the number of characters used in a path.  The solution is simple: shorten the path.  Google "pathtoolongexception" for more information.

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Awake at stupid o'clock

• Premium Member
  • 17,535 posts

This is why it is recommended to keep your Mod Staging Folder path short, like D:\Vortex Mods\

If you have your path incorrectly set to something like D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Vortex\mods\ 

Which you should NOT DO, you're going to run into trouble.

soulsguardian

soulsguardian

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Thanks. I moved my mod staging folder a ways down and now everything is going smooth as butter

Turns out that the long path function in the registry doesn't actualy allow programs to extend past 260 characters, only the file explorer. So it seems that was the only way to do it

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.931 seconds