⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

zeromq.node is not a valid Win32 application error? (1.2.17)

Gemagai
Go to solution Solved by Tannin42,

I am using Vortex version 1.2.17 and I am trying to mod Fallout 4 GOTY.

I am using Windows 10, x64, and I have 32gb of RAM.

I currently only have one mod installed, that being Fallout 4 Script Extender.

I am attempting to download my second mod, Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch-4598-2-1-1a-1589393826.7z

It dowloads fine, but then when I attempt installation it fails and an error appears in my notifications.

The following is copied form the "Show Details" section of the Error, and included is a screenshot of the error itself.

Error: \\?\C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\node_modules\zeromq\build\Release\zeromq.node is not a valid Win32 application.

\\?\C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\node_modules\zeromq\build\Release\zeromq.node

at process.func (electron/js2c/asar.js:140:31)

at process.func [as dlopen] (electron/js2c/asar.js:140:31)

at Object.Module._extensions..node (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1016:18)

at Object.func (electron/js2c/asar.js:140:31)

at Object.func [as .node] (electron/js2c/asar.js:149:18)

at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:816:32)

at Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:728:14)

at Module._load (electron/js2c/asar.js:717:26)

at Function.Module._load (electron/js2c/asar.js:717:26)

at Function._load (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\renderer.js:2821:139)

at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:853:19)

at Module.require (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\renderer.js:2904:116)

at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:74:18)

at load (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\node-gyp-build\index.js:20:10)

at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\zeromq\lib\native.js:6:43)

at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\zeromq\lib\native.js:15:3)

I have already filed a regular report through Vortex.

My Vortex and Fallout 4 are both clean installs at the moment, as I have recently reinstalled them after Factory Resetting my PC.

Anyone know how I can fix this issue?

Edited by Gemagai

• Solution

The zeromq.node we ship is definitively a valid module, when your system reports it's invalid that means it became invalid on your system.

That could be due to a corrupted download archive, a virus or hardware defect causing the file to get corrupted but in that case Vortex should have informed you on startup that files have been modified on disk.

The more likely scenario is that as HTR said, that your AV is preventing Vortex from loading the module.