⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Nexus Mods and GOG Giveaway

TerrorFox1234

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being able to buy Fallout 3 and New Vegas for 20 dollars from an ethical vendor who doesn't force useless/annoying code on your personal computer is a great start for this Summer :)

Thanks for the news TerrorFox :)

Found out about this giveaway, AFTER I bought Fallout New Vegas earlier today on GOG. The other games mentioned in the giveaway, I don't actually need more copies of.

Sitting in my games cabinet are:

Oblivion CE, Oblivion regular, Knights of the Nine, Shivering Isles, and Oblivion GOTY from The Elder Scrolls Anthology, all physical DVD, and Fighter's Stronghold Battlehorn Castle DLC.

3 copies of Morrowind base game 2 CD, 2 copies of Tribunal CD, 1 copy of Bloodmoon CD, 2 copies of Morrowind GOTY 4 CD, and 1 copy of Morrowind GOTY 4 DVD from The Elder Scrolls Anthology.

Fallout 3 physical DVD, and all DLC.

Still, I have to admit that it feels great to finally be able to play Fallout New Vegas, after thinking for years, that since Bethesda infected the initial release with STEAM, I'd never have any chance to play.

Wow! I love it.

Great that they reached out and that you're doing the give away.

I got Fallout 3 and NV as soon as I saw the sale. The Steam version was very lacking. Glad to see them up there on GOG. :)

In response to post #50666337.

Yondaime12 wrote:

Wow! I love it.

I got Fallout 3 and NV as soon as I saw the sale. The Steam version was very lacking. Glad to see them up there on GOG. :)

It is the same version of the game no matter where you buy it from how could it be lacking?

In response to post #50666337. #50668842 is also a reply to the same post.

Yondaime12 wrote:

Wow! I love it.

nordsavage wrote: It is the same version of the game no matter where you buy it from how could it be lacking?

Don't mind OP, they've got no idea what they're saying.

I am a GOG regular and frequent the site on a daily basis. When I saw Oblivion and Fallout 3 up on GOG, I almost fell out of my chair. When I came to my senses, I scooped up both (DRM free @ $9.99 a pop = NO BRAINER). Edited by Styrj

In response to post #50637042. #50637457, #50641767, #50642032, #50642107, #50661332, #50663927 are all replies on the same post.

Maro2107 wrote: Steam is better)
Adeline wrote: i think the same
kcaz25 wrote: drm free though on gog
TerrorFox1234 wrote: Thank you for this incredibly helpful and necessary contribution.
Ethreon wrote: Objectively steam is not better.
Ilrita wrote: Why? Because it has more games? If that's your reason, I disagree entirely. I prefer GOG; reliable, safe, great support, awesome prices and it is a site team that actually appreciates its customers and fans.
Meihyr wrote: > Steam is better)
Well then go and use Steam? If you have no interest in GOG or this giveaway, than don't bother with it.

Why is Steam better? If you buy a game from GOG and it is marked working with Windows 10, it will work with Windows 10. If you buy games from Steam and they say the game will work with Windows 10...... good luck. Had to fix the Steam games with patches from the net.

So.... GOG is MUCH better.