⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Important Security Notice

BigBizkit

Have to say not very impressed with this over the top password 12 characters numbers whatever, have been a productive member here since before this site was created (so more than 14 years) and have never had to reset my password once was perfectly happy with my original one and no i dont want to get a password manager to manage my passwords have enough useless programs installed on my pc. This site has had some very intrusive changes recently. This being just one of them. The new extra download page is another. Perhaps getting a little to oriented to collecting premium members. Edited by Brendan62

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate having to be registered just to download mods, and the option for paying is almost an insult..

That isn't what brought me here to this thread though. It's about the new password change.
I didn't remember having an account here, but checked anyway, and it turns out I did.
I couldn't log in though, since my usual password didn't work.
I had to make a new one. And lo and behold, I now have to create a password within a very confined and restricted way that totally messes with how I usually apply my adaptive and site-unique ones. Making it that much harder to remember.
My original password is Very strong. But it didn't comply with all the criteria. Advise people, then let them make their own mistakes.

In response to post #76144308.

UsernameStolenByNexus wrote:

Why didn't you make your new user service at least backwards compatible with all existing usernames?! I had a nice username with space for many years here and now I have this because the variant without space is already taken. Thank you very much Nexus!

I'm not sure if you read it, but the change username notice links here to explain why this was required.
https://help.nexusmods.com/article/110-why-do-i-have-to-change-my-username

It's not ideal for those who are attached to their old usernames, but an "anything goes" approach to usernames can cause problems internally with the site. If you like, PM me with your old username, I'll take a look and see if I can find you something similar?

In response to post #76144308.

Why didn't you make your new user service at least backwards compatible with all existing usernames?! I had a nice username with space for many years here and now I have this because the variant without space is already taken. Thank you very much Nexus!

I'm not sure if you read it, but the change username notice links here to explain why this was required.

It's not ideal for those who are attached to their old usernames, but an "anything goes" approach to usernames can cause problems internally with the site. If you like, PM me with your old username, I'll take a look and see if I can find you something similar?

Thank you for the explanation. The problem here is that as a user I do not care about "quality and reliability of our user data". But I did care about my username. Thank you for your help though. I'll PM you.

Edited by UsernameStolenByNexus

Geeez people you are arguing about usernames, 12 letter passwords and god knows whatever else. I was mad too about my username but it's only a username it took me 5 min to understand this change. But one thing is really silly!

Well the site knows exactly with user is premium and who isn't. So why when clicking download it takes me to a sub site to choose slow download or fast download. I think people here made a bad decisions and users will gonna quit not only because of their usernames and passwords but also because of the psychological forcing to buy a premium subscription. Staff add only a button, but what the future will brings? 30 seconds timeout with ads for free users next?

Dear Nexus please stop where you are now because you choose the wrong side. The year 2020 should be better not worse! Do not let this happen.

P.s. The subscription lifetime plan is little to expensive, make a promo.

My primary complaint is how slow the Nexus runs after its "upgrade". Why would we have any faith in the Premium version of downloads when the bloody website can barely load mod pages? It's like it's running on an old AMD cpu from 15 years ago with a dial-up or crappy satellite connection. (Slight exaggeration, but not by much)

I had actually considered upgrading to the premium downloads before the absurd changes, but after seeing how slow the website is now and hearing about when this security breach happened and how long it took for them to notify people about it, I don't think putting money into the website is such a good idea anymore.

Edited by Demonlord091

Its already a step forward to use app based totp instead of sending plain text via email and its good to see when sites force people to use a good password, as someone who has a bit knowledge about this stuff its painful to see when people use easy to guess passwords (for example the most used pws are a thing by themselves...). Keepass is free, open source, encrypted and can be used in portable mode, so no installing required. You put a lock on your irl door, now get your lazy backside up and put a good lock on your digital door.

On the other side asking for my real name, phone number and other personal stuff, is ten steps back. If personal info is not required to provide your service to me, its none of your god damn business. The paid thing is meh, but for most mods, that are rather smaller, i personally dont need to purchase anything.

In response to post #76144308. #76144893 is also a reply to the same post.

Pickysaurus wrote: I'm not sure if you read it, but the change username notice links here to explain why this was required.

well they also forced me to change my password really annoying the guys here on nexus that they always have to change everything and then the problems you have there all the time i just say that the politics here on nexus sucks ps: sorry for the choice of words but unfortunately that's true