Skyrimse Load Order Structure for Categories question

cheffchantier

I thank you both for your Insights. I will remember them.

I would recommend grouping your mods together based upon the major function that they perform going from overhaul to general to specific.

That is partially what I came here for, thank you for this useful information. This will give me a starting point.

I will begin reviewing my load order and come up with groups that suit my needs :wink:

Where is that Unknown quote even from?

It's not from this thread.

I think there is a little miscommunication going on here.

There is more to mods than just the plugin. Loose files are a consideration here. LOOT does not handle those, not even the version built into Vortex. Vortex, however, does provide rules to determine what loose files get used. The best course might be to run Vortex's built-in LOOT to get the load order. Make any necessary adjustments, though there shouldn't be too many these days. Then create whatever rules might be necessary for the individual files (meshes, textures) that you want to actually see in the game. Go slowly and test appearance and functionality every so often.

There is no "one way" to organize one's loose files. It will always boil down to user tastes. I would recommend grouping your mods together based upon the major function that they perform going from overhaul to general to specific.

As far as where in the overall scheme of the deployment / priority order, it doesn't really matter so long as the files you want used are the ones being used.

There you go...

I have my doubts that the LOOT Team tests every mod on their compatibility , conflicts in xedit?

Not to mistake this for criticism, I know there are too many mods out there to test them all against each other for conflicts and compatibility;)

I MEANT THIS QUOTE

You are aware that is just my personal opinion, no fact, or are you so hellbent to press your own opinion on other people who clearly showed you they have a different opinion???

As stated several times I did it with my Method before with 457 Plugins and aside from the Ivarstead CTD, everything worked fine. I just wanted to know if the order I used before is remotely ok to install mods and work their conflicts.

I really thank you that you took the time to answer me, but from the beginning, this conversation was totally beside the Information I came here for (it's as if I came to ask for help, for how high I need to deploy my ladder to get the best apples from my tree. then you come and say forget the ladder you need a forklift else you just run into problems and nothing will work and you will just complain to me and yadda, yadda, yadda.) --> If I would be a beginner and did not know anything about modding I would feel really grateful, but atm this just feels like you trying to impose your opinion on me. Which I don´t like at all.

Just let me mod my game, believe me, it is not the first time I have done so.

I believe I have stated all there is from my side of view. I will now get back to modding my Game, if anyone else(or even YOU) can give me some feedback on my question I had, I appreciate it, if not this thread can happily be closed.

Thanks, ISharameradin for your helpful Information

You are aware that is just my personal opinion, no fact, or are you so hellbent to press your own opinion on other people who clearly showed you they have a different opinion???

As stated several times I did it with my Method before with 457 Plugins and aside from the Ivarstead CTD, everything worked fine. I just wanted to know if the order I used before is remotely ok to install mods and work their conflicts.

I really thank you that you took the time to answer me, but from the beginning, this conversation was totally beside the Information I came here for (it's as if I came to ask for help, for how high I need to deploy my ladder to get the best apples from my tree. then you come and say forget the ladder you need a forklift else you just run into problems and nothing will work and you will just complain to me and yadda, yadda, yadda.) --> If I would be a beginner and did not know anything about modding I would feel really grateful, but atm this just feels like you trying to impose your opinion on me. Which I don´t like at all.

Just let me mod my game, believe me, it is not the first time I have done so.

I believe I have stated all there is from my side of view. I will now get back to modding my Game, if anyone else(or even YOU) can give me some feedback on my question I had, I appreciate it, if not this thread can happily be closed.

Thanks, ISharameradin for your helpful Information

So you faked that quote, Nice.

All I'm trying to do is let you know that if you're planning on putting all of your plugins into GROUPS, you're going to have problems, because Groups are also a Sorting Method along with "Lock Index", and then adding your own sorting rules, is going to make you run into Cyclic Rules, like the cyclic rule picture I posted above.

But, you really only want people to tell you what you want to hear, so I'm not welcome here, so go for it.

Come to the Vortex Support group if you run into any snags.

How can you fake an opinion, I said/wrote myself??? a quote is something, somebody once said/wrote/defined and gets used forward from another source for I don´t know what purposes. i just used the quote function because i was to lazy to write it all again and for easy finding if needed. I stated my opinion nothing else. Or am i writing and essay where you grade me or do i violate any copyright? I hope freedom of speech/thinking is still a thing ;)

I feel as if I am writing to a wall. Why don´t you understand that I am not using groups for every plugin/mod out there. I just use the groups to sort the few plugins not sorted by auto loot, so the problem of cyclic rule redundancy is somewhat minimized......if not at all eliminated. as isharameradin stated apparently loot does not have that many problems anymore ordering plugins, then a year before when I used it to make my old mod list. but I will never completely trust LOOT ordering my load order.

I really don´t know how to explain it otherwise, sorry for my bad English, but I tried now 3 times.

I thank you for your invite, I will remember it and wish you all the best :wink:

Edited by cheffchantier

• 1 year later...

that is exactly what lead me to post this, because if you just trust vortex and loot you end up with so many problems and false priorities for mods. I am aware that I will have to do that with my method too, but I rather have a structured approach where I know exactly what I installed, edited, when and for what reason. So if there are Problems I know what I am doing and can very likely manually fix them.

In my first Install I tried the loot method and ended up scrambling for correct info, load order, etc on a lot of mods(i use a lot of small mods, not that known), because it ctd´ed non-stop.

I once found several Infos on the web on how to generally correctly structure in vortex, so I know it can work like a charm with setting up new specific loot categories and rules, but I cannot find that information anymore.

That´s why I wanted help on categories that will work and are mostly correct in the load order. I also know that there is no 100% correct working loading structure, because of how mods are built and Bethesdas system. A lot of them need special placing in your order.

I am searching for generally good load order categories which I can then fine-tune into my special needs. I personally still think the first one is a good starting point, but since I don´t exactly know how mods work in Skyrim I am unsure if the load order of the categories is correct or if it has to be changed?

Hope someone can help with that

that is exactly what lead me to post this, because if you just trust vortex and loot you end up with so many problems and false priorities for mods.

Nonsense

I have 381 active mods in Skyrim SE, all I did was download them, install and deploy them, then set any LOAD BEFORE/LOAD AFTER rules ONLY when Vortex Reported a Conflict.

That's it.

My game works fine.

What you're planning to do is a nightmare, and if it doesn't work out, don't blame Vortex for it.

And be sure to STAY AWAY FROM GROUPS!!!

Otherwise you will end up with non-stop cyclic rules looking like this

cyclic-rules-mess.jpg

i really hate to say this but your wrong. i had more problems with Vortex and LOOT than i ever did on console where the only assitance you get is master files go to the top and you have to sort the rest and resolve conflicts yourself no lazy mans LOOT doing it for you.im currently running 190 mods 292 plugins and over 6000 animations through FNIS and orginized everything myself and have no problems at all...just depends on if you take the time and read the description of the mod the placement answer is usally in there to help make adjustments by the way i use MO2 and never sorted my plugins!!!!

2c... Currently at ~530 installed mods, 358 plugins - 247 low/111 ESL

IMO Vortex makes things easy. Let it handle the figurative engine work, the tire changes, taking out the garbage, the dishes, and the vacuuming, then come back and tweak/fine-tune the individual overwrites at your leisure. Personally, I've found it helps economize my time on this game. It's not an end all be all, it's not your Digital sensei whose ideological dictums you must follow or be cast out of p'leet society, it's just a tool. And a pretty solidly built too, far as I can tell. (fwiw, retired engineer/programmer)

Afaik, (something I read in passing a while back, so don't quote me), Vortex's implementation of load-order optimization and LOOT's have slight incongruities that can lead to problems if used "together", and therefore, if you're using MO2, stick with LOOT, and if Vortex, don't use LOOT, since Vortex has its own.