I think trying to play this game modded is actually bad for my health.

ImmortalAbsol

Add all official content, Base Game/DLC 1-7/All CC.

Boom. CTD.

Add bug fix mods.

Add stupid oversight fixes.

Add cut content.

Make non-playable vanilla assets playable.

Boom. CTD.

Reluctantly remove and tweak load order.

Add lore-friendly Power Armour.

Add lore-friendly 'bot mods.

Boom. CTD.

Get the house of cards standing and playable.

Build settlements and go questing (mixing up which settlements and quests each time).

Boom. You guessed it, CTD.

Daydream about making power armour/faction museums, helping woke Gen2's and Robots either with Glory or in her honour.

About a benevolent high-tech, minimum violence, moral high-ground playthrough.

About having the freedom to expand to concept art, SS2, lore-friendly quests and features from other entries in the franchise, making nice settlements for Synths/Robots/Cyborgs/AI/Ghouls/Super Mutants/Pets and Livestock to enjoy.

I get berated on here for errors in my load order, not making my own patches or not merging mods.

I don't even know why I'm writing this.

Small critique on the community, don't be so mean.

We're all here to love and enjoy Fallout, but due to both physical and mental disability (and in small part how they interact, too) I can't always do what is obvious to you, or what you 'instruct' I do in your snappy remarks.

It can get incredibly hard to keep trying, migraines and the big big big sad try to take me away but until I find another game that ticks the boxes I'm trying to tick here, I guess I will keep crawling back.

Please everybody, I cant stress this enough, even if not to me- BE GOOD TO EACHOTHER!

Happy questing, building and/or role-playing.

Happy gaming, stay safe, kind regards,

-ImmortalAbsol

Imma try to take a break...

It is unfortunate that people, and sometimes even mod authors, are snarky and/or darn right insulting. I attribute it to two things, Age and anonymity. It is so easy to disparage someone's problems, or someone's mods when you are anonymous, and young kids, well, they are simply stupid and don't know any better.

Luckily I have reached the point where my load order is stable, but stability is not the end all be all. I have been plagued with either micro stutter and MASSIVE stutter. My on-screen stats sometimes show a nice straight line for delay in milliseconds and then a straight line and almost a flat top on the meter and then back down to stable after a couple of seconds, then back up again. I have been tweaking everything I could think of to eliminate this issue. I thought I had found a solution as my Sunday and Monday play-through was stutter free and at a sold 59 fps, but last night, it started freaking out again.

This can be both an enjoyable game and then an unbearable game, especially when modded. It would be nice if there was more civil discourse.

It is unfortunate that people, and sometimes even mod authors, are snarky and/or darn right insulting. I attribute it to two things, Age and anonymity. It is so easy to disparage someone's problems, or someone's mods when you are anonymous, and young kids, well, they are simply stupid and don't know any better.

Luckily I have reached the point where my load order is stable, but stability is not the end all be all. I have been plagued with either micro stutter and MASSIVE stutter. My on-screen stats sometimes show a nice straight line for delay in milliseconds and then a straight line and almost a flat top on the meter and then back down to stable after a couple of seconds, then back up again. I have been tweaking everything I could think of to eliminate this issue. I thought I had found a solution as my Sunday and Monday play-through was stutter free and at a sold 59 fps, but last night, it started freaking out again.

This can be both an enjoyable game and then an unbearable game, especially when modded. It would be nice if there was more civil discourse.

Wonder if you have some background process/service that is giving you fits......

I've been down that rabbit hole. Recently, before I start a game, I go into the task manager and disable every unnecessary program. In addition, once I start the game, I go to the task manager and I change the priority of the Fallout exe above average so that it is given preferential treatment by my hardware.

Today, when I was playing Overwatch for old times sake, I noticed substantial lagging and low frame rates. I never had that before so I checked my graphics settings in Nvidia. It appears that when I uploaded an update, the setting for power management was changed to a setting preferring battery life versus performance. No other setting had been changed and I know this as a fact in that I have been experimenting with the Nvidia setting for quite some time now and I know all the changes I have made by heart. I only realized this when I looked for a solution to issues with Overwatch and someone suggested certain changes to the graphics settings in Nvidia, that's when i noticed the setting had been changed for Fallout 4 in the Nvidia Control panel. Just finished a 3 hour play through tonight and my frame-rate remained right around 60 and my stutter was 99.9% gone and only showed up that .1% when I was in the heat of battle while beta testing a mod that included a huge battle between gunners and raiders. The stutter I saw was almost non-existent and I probably would not have noticed it if I did not have an overlay showing me statistics and the like.

Of course, now that I have uttered out loud that my stutter problem may have been solved, I have jinxed myself. Damn!

:smile: