Please Help - Workshop Long Loading Times

ChinchillaFlats

I have just started experiencing this and am wondering if anyone could help. I don't think it is the workshop mods causing it because it is a new problem and I don't have any workshop mods that I wasn't already using. Also, I do have the Faster Workshop mod that I am using. I am still experiencing about a 15 second lock when I try to use the workshop. It is really confusing since I am not using any new mods and my load order hasn't changed. Are there any tweaks I could try aside from removing things from the workshop?

Which faster workshop mod ya usin'? Does it require the script extender??

Not sure about that, however I do use the script extender. This is the one I am using. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/35382

I hate to say it, but I do think it is a me caused problem. Can't imagine which problem I caused though. But I did load the game w/ all mods deactivated and it opened right up. So seems like that's got to be load order, or too many mods. I hope it's not the latter because I don't really want to lose any mods I have. They are just adding too much good stuff.

You may have too many settlement mods, or there is a conflict that the engine is trying to correct. Disable each settlement/workshop mod one at a time (include any mods that are dependent on that settlement/workshop mod), play the game and see what happens until you find the culprit and then try to change the load order with the mod, or better yet load all the settlement/workshop mods and check them out in xEdit for conflicts.

You may have too many settlement mods, or there is a conflict that the engine is trying to correct. Disable each settlement/workshop mod one at a time (include any mods that are dependent on that settlement/workshop mod), play the game and see what happens until you find the culprit and then try to change the load order with the mod, or better yet load all the settlement/workshop mods and check them out in xEdit for conflicts.

Game was locking up for about 14 seconds. Deactivating Snappy HouseKit knocked 10 seconds off of my workshop loading time. Now it's just a matter of figuring out what my game doesn't like about it. It may just be a matter of having to many objects to load. I might have to end up deciding which mods are must haves for me, and ignore the rest.

Edited by ChinchillaFlats

Hello. if you like to build things and you want every settlement is a unique place, 14 seconds or more is a little cost of your time. i use 211 mods and more than 75% of those are mods to build stuff -yes it cost me maybe 45 seconds or less, but i can take my time and continue for 10 or 20 minutes to build things and for 99,9% the game don't crash. Try not to use f4se or some mods change things, maybe the gameplay or the behavior of settlers doing stuff. That' all. Thanks.

Hello. if you like to build things and you want every settlement is a unique place, 14 seconds or more is a little cost of your time. i use 211 mods and more than 75% of those are mods to build stuff -yes it cost me maybe 45 seconds or less, but i can take my time and continue for 10 or 20 minutes to build things and for 99,9% the game don't crash. Try not to use f4se or some mods change things, maybe the gameplay or the behavior of settlers doing stuff. That' all. Thanks.

Yeah 14 seconds isn't really long. And I can count on one hand the times I have crashed in the last two years of play. I think I have really lucked out and got mods that mostly play nice together and have them in a fairly stable load order. I get what you are saying about liking to build, I think I have enough to make each settlement special. My weakness is more clothing and armor than decor. On the other hand if someone were to come out with the end all be all of decor mods, I might have to get used to delays. With the particular mods that were slowing it down for me, I am actually not that proficient with that particular mod and have never actually used it make anything in my game. So it was pretty easy to remove.

Edited by ChinchillaFlats