Compass Vanished

aurreth

Seduced Magnolia, and when the fade to black was over and I reappeared in her hotel room the compass on my UI was missing. Crosshairs are still there, VATS works, little "go here" icons still show up when I get close enough, but no compass.

Anyone know how to fix this?

EDIT: Compass is there in power armor. It also shows up if I'm pointed at a workstation if I'm close enough to activate it. I'm not doing a power armor playthrough, so I'd really like my compass back.

EDIT: Further symptom, the completed quest popup in the upper level corner, or the Discovered: Location popup, remain onscreen for a very long time. I mean way long, not just a few minutes. I did have to setstage on stuck quest at one point (The Memory Den, not the Kellogg one, the one if you sit in the memory lounger but haven't rescued Nick yet), and that may be where the issue started.

Edited by aurreth

Any mods that change the HUD?

DEF_UI and FallUI Workbench. I already tried reinstalling and uninstalling those. No change. I tried a different DEF_UI template. Didn't help.

Also it is not a HUD opacity problem, I've tried that. The HUD, with the exception of the crosshairs, is simply gone unless I'm pointed at an activator such as a workstation or dead body.

EDIT: I just had "Discovered South Boston Police Department" pop up onscreen, and it is still there several minutes later. It's almost as if the UI got "stuck" at one point and now it isn't refreshing correctly. Like it's still waiting for something to clear before it goes back to displaying things normally.

EDIT: The "discovered" message stayed onscreen until I picked up a magazine. The magazine pop-up cleared the discovered message.

Edited by aurreth

Hhhmmmm..... I am not finding any specific commands that will remove elements of the HUD.... you can nuke the whole thing with tm.... (which also hides the console.....) But, that's it. I *think* the HUD/menus are all SWF files, (flash) it might be possible to manipulate various menu elements via script...... but, I know very little about swf files, or papyrus. :D

Hhhmmmm..... I am not finding any specific commands that will remove elements of the HUD.... you can nuke the whole thing with tm.... (which also hides the console.....) But, that's it. I *think* the HUD/menus are all SWF files, (flash) it might be possible to manipulate various menu elements via script...... but, I know very little about swf files, or papyrus. :D

I tried toggling with tm, didn't fix anything. And repaired the game files (using Steam), still no luck. Something is blocking the UI, unless the crosshairs (green dot) are pointed at an activator, or if I use power armor.

I really don't want to scrap the save, I've been doing a "city of lights" build on Sanctuary and don't want to lose progress. I could use Transfer Settlements, but it never restores wiring correctly, or my wireless power mod setup. I'd have to rebuild/replace a ton of stuff.

I keep wondering if there isn't a way to make a Papyrus script to reset the UI elements. Afraid I don't know enough about what can and can't be done in that area.

UI data can be baked in a save. Maybe you can try these script functions:

Game.SetCharGenHUDMode(3) ; values: 0 - 3

Game.SetInsideMemoryHUDMode(true) ; or (false)

Or visit a hairdresser. (To trigger the HaircutScript).

Edited by LarannKiar

UI data can be baked in a save. Maybe you can try these script functions:

Game.SetCharGenHUDMode(3) ; values: 0 - 3

Game.SetInsideMemoryHUDMode(true) ; or (false)

Or visit a hairdresser. (To trigger the HaircutScript).

Interesting idea. I'll try a hairdresser, see what happens.

Nope, nothing changed, still no HUD.

Edited by aurreth