Can I delete a bugged location?

hucker75

Something has happened to a place called Drug Den. Many mods are using it as a place to go kill a raider on a quest. Either there's nobody there, or I kill the 5 I find and there isn't another. None of these quests are completable. The marker says to go into the building, then when I go in it tells me to go out again.

So is there:

1) A way to delete the building so mods don't use it?

2) Even better - a way to fix the bug?

If it's a quest location, then no, you can't simply delete it. Quite likely it is hard-coded into the mods that use it as a location, and deleting it will simply cause the game to crash when you are sent there. Or, if you already have a quest to go there, your save won't load.

if the open quest bugs you try to find the quest id (google it in fo4 wiki) and use the setstage command to complete it or just leave it as it is and ignore it. if you can use an older save try to solve the problem with this save.

as already said: do not delete any quest related location. to delete or scrap a static location is generally a bad idea because you will definitely destabilize your game and destroy some performance optimizations and it does not help to solve your open quest problem.

It is never a great idea to use mods that use the same locations. The best advice is, that you think about which mods are the most importants for you and which are not. Delete those that are not and make a clean save before.

Edited by taryl80

If it's a quest location, then no, you can't simply delete it. Quite likely it is hard-coded into the mods that use it as a location, and deleting it will simply cause the game to crash when you are sent there. Or, if you already have a quest to go there, your save won't load.

Strange, as there's a mod I have which destroyed a location, I blew it up much like the institute. That gunner central place with the big room in the middle and loads of little open office rooms round the edge with filing cabinets. Or maybe I've been lucky enough not to have anything else send me there yet.

if the open quest bugs you try to find the quest id (google it in fo4 wiki) and use the setstage command to complete it or just leave it as it is and ignore it. if you can use an older save try to solve the problem with this save.

as already said: do not delete any quest related location. to delete or scrap a static location is generally a bad idea because you will definitely destabilize your game and destroy some performance optimizations and it does not help to solve your open quest problem.

Yes I use setstage, but it's annoying when it keep happening, especially if I don't notice that's where I just spent time running to.

It is never a great idea to use mods that use the same locations. The best advice is, that you think about which mods are the most importants for you and which are not. Delete those that are not and make a clean save before.

Not sure why it's a problem to have two mods, both of which occasionally use that location as a target, among others. Neither of them have altered the location.