Recommend a First-Person Game

Rennn

I've recently enjoyed playing Dishonored, Zeno Clash 2, and Arx Fatalis. I'm looking mostly for first person action ARPGs or first person action/adventure games similar to those three. First person survival/horror games are also acceptable.

I've already played all of the following, so there's no reason to suggest them.

Borderlands

The Elder Scrolls (series)

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Borderlands

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

Fallout 3

Fallout: NV

Arx Fatalis

Dishonored

Zeno Clash 1

Zeno Clash 2

The Void

Penumbra (series)

Miasmata

Dead Island

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Stalker (series)

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

Metro 2033

Please don't suggest any 3rd person games. I play them, but I'm only looking for 1st person games right now.

I don't expect to get many suggestions, since I've already played most of the games in those genres, but if you know of anything else, please tell me. :)

If you haven't owned Orange Box yet then I would recommend it for the 3 half life games, plus there are some decent mods that can be installed through Desura which has a good mod manager. I played a great horror story mod called Nightmare House 2, played it at night in the dark and was crapping my pants every 5 minutes ;D

Edited by Ironman5000

What platforms? PC?

Metro: Last Light. Excellent Russian FPS, Good story, good acting, some very intense survival section, and decent gunplay. A quantum leap over the already decent Metro 2033.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. Quirky but loveable, it's a good story told well and it manages to fulfil every iota of potential it's engine and writing had. Fantastic game given the bargain price.

Bioshock Infite. Absolutely terrific FPS, beautifully made, a must for any PC collector.

The Orange Box. A big ol' box of fun that happens to be orange. Extremely cheap, contains the full Half Life series and Portal 1.

Gary's Mod. G-Mod is limited only by your imagination, it's a mod engine, that's first-person, and has contributed probably more Youtube gaming shenanigans than any other engine ever made.

Console:

Halo(franchise) Not for everyone, but for an FPS of today it's got an unusually heavy emphasis on plot. Increasingly good storytelling and acting, good gunplay, good, slow-paced FPS, with an unusual free episodic DLC campaign.

Ratchet N Clank(any) Another great franchise, this one on PS. The first shooter I ever played, haven't touched it for many a year, but these were some of the best games I ever played as a kid and played a major part in making me a gamer.

Edited by Vindekarr