Different profile mods.

SlowFatWombat

couldn't think of a better title anyways...

I am currently playing with several mods and I am enjoying them. I wanna try a new playthrough and experiments with new mods.

Is there a way I can save all my mods, to a certain profile (SlowFatWombat1) for example. And start a new playthrough with different mods on a different profile (SlowFatWombat2) for example.

Hello. Your plugins -list with all the mods at the data folder- are at users/ name of PC /Appdata/local/Fallout 4

if you don't see the appdata folder, go to your hard disk drive name -at the file manager- check up at view and show/hide and check the box hidden items

if you want to try something else about your load order and you don't be sure about the changes, move all files there to another folder and run from the start the mod manager you use

or just copy all the files from there to another forder.

i think to make or choose a new profile is something i don't know how to do and i don't want to do, anyway.

That's all. Thanks.

I am currently playing with several mods and I am enjoying them. I wanna try a new playthrough and experiments with new mods.

Is there a way I can save all my mods, to a certain profile (SlowFatWombat1) for example. And start a new playthrough with different mods on a different profile (SlowFatWombat2) for example.

Are you using any mod manager?

Are you using any mod manager?

This. Vortex supports multiple profiles. I have 3 to 5 of them at any given time depending on which mod I'm working on. Plus several Skyrim mods. When you make a new profile you can choose to clone an existing one, which keeps the mod list, or start from scratch.

Now, one thing to be careful of: there are some mods that, for some idiotic reason, make a copy of your INI file and bake in the save game path. Scrap Everything does this, and I believe Pipboy Flashlight. Start Me Up is another culprit. What this means is those mods override Vortex profiles and can really screw up your saved games.

What I do is go to the Data directory and tell Windows to search for all INI files. It will search recursively. Then go through all of those files (don't worry, the list will be short) and delete any sLocalSavePath lines you find. That line should only appear in Fallout4Custom.ini, which is NOT in the FO4 Data directory or subdirectory.