Auto update?

elpuertorro
Go to solution Solved by Tannin42,

//Snipped excuses and shifting blame//

DID NOT WORK AS PROGRAMMED.

There's THREE setting for Updates, one setting prevents AUTOMATIC UPDATES, the other two setting are AUTOMATIC UPDATES.

NO AUTOMATIC UPDATE = Updates do not take place AUTOMATICALLY

STABLE = Vortex AUTOMATICALLY Updates to the Latest Stable update when published.

BETA = Vortex AUTOMATICALLY updates to the latest update when published.

WORKING AS INTENDED.

What you experienced is called PEBCAK and are placing your anger at everybody but yourself for leaving AUTOMATIC UPDATES TURNED ON.

Accept your mistake and move on.

FROM THE TOOLTIP

Automatic-Update.jpg

"You can choose to receive AUTOMATIC UPDATES only after they went through some community testing (Stable) or to always get the newest features (Beta)"

It clearly lets you know that choosing either STABLE or BETA is going to AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE.

Snipps out the most RELEVANT information which is the actual FACTS of what happen the problem itself because it proves them wrong.

Matter of fact 1 last time this time no excuses for not reading.

Autoupdate function on Vortex:

You open the program, if there is an update it pops a window to let you know about it with change log info and gives you 2 choices:

1.Install now

2. Install later, and let's us know that it will do it when we close the program.

First choice triggers the update on the spot, second choice as soon as we close vortex it starts the update.

Now that right there that I posted that is how Vortex does function DID NOT HAPPEN TO ME!!! is NOT what Vortex did!!

Wow really now i'm angry...lmao oh boy you made my day with that one, out of curiosity what else you going to use to keep deflecting? :happy:

So now go on, READ only the highlighted stuff not the extra, and tell me if somehow it's similar to any of the 3 scenarios of how vortex should function and now please do ADMIT YOUR MISTAKE for assuming as you are going to see it DID NOT FUNCTION as INTENDED. has nothing to do with the settings but again you would have known have you actually READ and not just come post stuff for the sake of it.

And now that you actually did it to yourself for not at least reading, have a great and blessed day!

And now that you actually did it to yourself for not at least reading, have a great and blessed day!

Now I remember why I have you blocked

You did this same thing a year or so ago, blamed Vortex for your error.

It was about something different, but nevertheless, your problem was somebody else's fault, just like this one is too.

Goodbye.

Actually wasn't an error sir it was a function request
And the other possible instance when they unfairly Banned CleverCharff, now resolved, but we remember how that one went down.

Again just shooting from the hip yet still ignoring the main problem, malfunction of the software.

ps: ok last one, I know you LOVE to have the last word :wink: so go ahead reply some other non related stuff.