Dragon Age: Prelude to Chaos

He had it resting in his arms and when he turned the barrels had been hot and he had them loaded, enough of a mixture for the weapon to discharge. I was standing far enough back at the time I felt I didn't have to worry but if he hadn't turned the gun would have gone off harmlessly.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I'm totally joining this. Here's my first character. He's intended to be powerful and an enemy to the party, just lemme know if I gotta change anything.

Name: Terys Van Sing

GENERAL INFOTMATION:

Race: Human

Class: Warrior

Occupation: (For example: Grey Warden, Chantry Priest, etc.) Templar

APPEARANCE:

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 125 lbs. He's built lightly and is very agile, with a little bit of muscle on him.

Hair: His hair is straight and a dull black. It stretches to his ears and down to the middle of his neck, and is laced with the odd gray strand. Similarly coloured stubble covers his cheeks, moustache area and chin.

Eyes: His eyes are icy blue and relatively small.

Skin: Terys's skin is fair and beginning to show signs of age, with the odd pockmark or wrinkle blemishing it.

Handedness: Ambidextrous

Scars/Tattoos: He has a small scar on his forehead, a nasty white one extending from just below his left nostril to the bottom-right of his jawline, and his shoulder is held awkwardly because of an injury sustained in Redcliffe during the Blight.

General Physical Description: Terys is used to wearing his armor, and so his stance suggests he's used to having a weight on his shoulders, though not to the extent most warriors have, as his armor is lighter than that of most of his fellows. Because of some awkward healing in his left shoulder, he stands rather awkwardly. His serious, no-nonsense personality means that he constantly has a severe, calculating expression on his face.

Voice: Not particularly deep or high, but harsh, like he's used to yelling.

Disabilities: None.

Clothing/Armor: He wears a set of medium, gunmetal-gray plate-mail armor, similar (though not identical) to that of the Seekers of the Chantry. Unlike many templars, he doesn't wear any kind of skirt. The Templar Sword of Mercy is emblazoned proudly on his chest, and when required he wears a helmet very much like that of a regular templar, but made of lighter metals and the same darker gray as his armor.

Weapons: His weapons of choice are a pair of very well-made Silverite longswords, capable of tearing through most armors, though not to the extent of, say, an axe. If caught at long range, he has a simple yew crossbow and standard bolts. He can fight pretty well unarmed if need be, but rarely has to fall upon it.

Visual Appearance: (This is for screenshots/drawings/reference images. Leave this out if you don't have any)

PERSONALITY:

General Personality Traits: Terys is an experienced man who is very set in his ways. He can be very stubborn, irritable, and ruthless, and amongst friends he is the quiet one. He possesses a rather tactical mindset, and is always planning out possible scenarios and trying to compensate for every possible variable. He can keep a cool head, though he may sometimes not act like it. As far as being a templar goes, his views are more extreme than most, and he honestly believes that mages should be made extinct. This belief doesn't stretch only to mages and demons, but also extends to anything that endangers innocents, such as Darkspawn or bandits, or even foreign invaders. This his alienated him from some of his gentler-minded brethren. He's quite religious, as all templars are, and before the templars split off from the Chantry to fight the mages, was very loyal to the Grand Cleric and other spiritual figures.

Likes: Templars, the Chantry, eliminating mages and abominations, dedication, loyalty, and bravery.

Dislikes: Mages, abominations, demons, fools, cowards, and those whose loyalty can be bought.

Fears: Abominations above all else. Blood mages, supernatural creatures, Darkspawn.

Attitudes towards friends/strangers: Friends of Terys don't necessarily need to agree with his views so much as be dedicated to their own. He respects someone who'll rise up and fight for something they believe in, or in defense of one of their friends. Strangers he treats with an open mind, unless he suspects them of being mages, in which case he'll watch them like a hawk.

Opinion of the world: It's full of danger, and those dangers need to be destroyed.

HISTORY:

Past: Terys was raised in the city of Denerim, and became a member of the City Guard when he was 17. When the Blight came around, Terys was one of the few who survived Ostagar, where the swarming Darkspawn hordes forced him to flee for Lothering sporting the scar on his lip and forehead. He wasted little time and left Lothering for Redcliffe, where he joined the militia to help fight off the undead hordes. He was hurt on the first night of the invasion (he was no expert fighter then.) and put out of action for the rest of the crisis. When that was done, he kept moving, traveling around the far side of Lake Calenhad and eventually reached Denerim. (He didn't take the short route through the Brecilian Forest because he was hoping to find an army outpost in Redcliffe.) where he joined up with the army again. Over time word on the situation at the Mage's tower, combined with seeing Darkspawn magic and a simple superstition against the supernatural persuaded Terys to join the Templars. As more and more abominations and blood mages appearing in Kirkwall, Terys was amongst the Templars sent there to try and keep the situation under control, and the events of the coming years reinforced his opinion against mages, with the destruction of the Chantry and the events following (mage Hawke killing most of the Templars, ORSINO of all people turning to blood magic.) convincing him that all mages were dangerous and had to be destroyed. The war against the mages has forced him to fight them wherever he sees them, a task which he relishes.

Birthplace: Terys was born and raised Denerim.

Family/Relationships: His parents and siblings all live in Denerim, and he is the only fighting man in the family.

Friends: Many of his more extreme brethren, all united by their common opinions and desires, he gets along with, particularly one named Ser Oville and another called Ser Penerisk.

Enemies: Pretty much everything mentioned in the "dislikes" section. Supernatural entities, abominations, mages and blood mages, anything that poses a danger to the masses. The likes of Hawke and Anders would be his mortal enemies if he ever met them, which he hasn't and for RP purposes never will.

OTHER INFORMATION

Skills and feats: (Using Dragon Age: Origins abilities except for the Templar tree.) Expert Combat Training, Expert combat tactics.

Powerful

Threaten

Bravery

Precise Striking

Taunt

Dual Weapon Mastery

Dual Striking

Riposte

Cripple

Punisher

Dual-weapon sweep

Flurry

Momentum

Twin Strikes

Holy Smite (Righteous smite upgrade.)

Cleanse (No upgrades)

Righteous Strike (No upgrades)

Silence (No upgrades)

Annulment (No upgrades.)

Awesome, I plan on this one being an actual threat :devil:

Anyway, Terys isn't going to be my only character, 'cause lord knows you can't do a RP just playing a villain, I'll likely have another char sheet up later.

Oh! And I wanted to apologize to all those on here, who have left me messages ... probably YEARS ago that I've never answered. I am hardly ever on here and haven't been just until now again, when Nighty invited me to the RP. So, super sorry for not having answered! I will do better from now on! Promise :ohdear:

Hm...not sure how to introduce Terys D:

Maybe I'll just make my 'good' guy

You could have him like ... overhear some of our conversations in the Hanged Man or something and slowly find out about the apostates and such? like ... follow us quietly, do investigations and such maybe? just a thought :blush:

Thomas is a templar, right? Perfect opportunity to introduce Terys, I suppose.

Or was he a mage? I can't remember.

Edit: Read his char sheet in Age of the Dragon again, turns out he is a mage. So it looks like I'll have to just plunk Terys in the Hanged Man for now.

Edited by Flipout6