"blurred" grafix @ The Castle

Stormpriest1066

I thought I had beaten this down but... no. the settlement bp_ is less than 3000 items, ... less than 2000 actually, but lately while in workshop mode, if my camera POV sweeps across a section of patterned wall or roof shingles, it's like the camera will grab a section of said pattern and "smear" it across what ever I change my POV towards.

By heavily modded, I mean at present 476 mods. Although, some may be taken out as for what ever reason they have stopped working/doing what the author claimed.

the attached pic is showing what I mean. according to workshop, that is simply a section of roof, but the blurred aspect worries me about saving it in Transfer settlements.

NOTE, I did take a pic of it but the uploader her kept bitching about it being too big.

serious answers only, please. I don't care about profanity/nudity, I do however care about rudeness/politeness.

When I saw that kind of behavior, it was because I had my UGridstoLoad set too high, and my vid card couldn't handle it.

I think what you are experiencing is 'screen tearing'. Sometimes a software issue, more often, a hardware issue.

It's a pre-Vis issue. I get it in certain areas too. What's happening is some mod you have is messing up previs. It might not even be a mod related to The Castle. A mod that alters something half the map away might have a "dirty edit" and be messing with visibility in a totally unrelated area.

If you have the CK you can fix it. Load Fallout4.esm and any Castle specific mods, locate The Castle in the cell window and double click on it to load the cell. Then generate Precombine, Visibility and Previsibility for all loaded cells.

I had a similar issue with Sanctuary, and fixed it by loading the vanilla cells and deleting all the houses, then regenerating precom/previs for the area. Now tearing down a house doesn't break the game (apparently Beth didn't think you'd tear down a house you can walk around in, so removing any of them besides the totally collapsed ones causes issues.) Performance much improved as well.

When I saw that kind of behavior, it was because I had my UGridstoLoad set too high, and my vid card couldn't handle it.

I think what you are experiencing is 'screen tearing'. Sometimes a software issue, more often, a hardware issue.

Wow. I just dropped mine from 5 to 3 and the performance boost is amazing. Thank you!

I did the same w the UGridstoLoad but still have screen tearing. Gonna look into the Castle mod I do have installed, The Castle restored in and out 2.1. There's another version (1.5) but one seems to be copied from the other.

I'll see if a reinstall helps and if not, go into its files as suggested earlier