2 gig in saved files - can't change save location - need a good mod

daddyattitude

Like I posted in the title, I have over 2 gig in saved file data.

I tried changing the "save" location by modifying the 'skyrimse.ini file from: NOTE: Meant to say Skyrim.ini

SLocalSavePath=Saves\

to

SLocalSavePath=G:\users\me\Skyrim Special Edition\Saves

The game fails to recognize this change.

What I would like is a mod recommended to help eliminate the excess files and move the location. I am not sure I would want to use Wrye Bash in that it appears to be very OP.

Thank you for your time.

As HeyYou said you can just go to Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Saves and and just move the saves you do not want to your Recycle Bin manually. It is silly, in my opinion, to take up space keeping a bunch of saves. I Usually keep the last ten and delete the rest when I quit the game. Of course I disable all auto saves in Settings at the very beginning as I believe they are a recipe for disaster when it comes to your game. This is a personal opinion and others may give you different advice.

As for moving the save path hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I will read this post and give you advice on that.

Thank you for your responses.

Hopefully the change in file save path will sort itself out. I searched a few dozen forums on the topic, but so far nothing appears to work for me. If the STEAM interface is an issue, that would be nice to know as well.

Try this for an alternative -

1. Make a folder on your chosen drive for 'SSE old saves' (you choose a preferred name).

2. Make a shortcut to this folder, and place it on your desktop.

3. Also make a shortcut to the \My Games\...\Saves folder on your desktop.

4. You can then open both, and cut/paste, or copy/paste to your heart's content.

This way you have the old saves available for recovery from crashes/incompatibilities, but the My Documents folder is not stuffed full.