Is the heat across the NW and feels like it's August Natural or manmade?

Deleted54170User

I have been tracking the sun at sunrise for several weeks. It's rising in the north east at 3: A.M. MST. I peer at it through an opened window that faces due East. From a where I am located just barely above north 47th longitude and at the -111 latitude.

The Sun travels along like it would be in late July with occasions of 90 degree Fahrenheit, and even later in August when the 100 degree F. becomes more frequent.

That suggests it is Earth's tilt, that is making the change, not Man.

Do you agree with my supposition?

Or hold your fifty, fifty attitude after learning the news from my longitude and latitude of the mid-west and central Montana?

We have seasons due to the earths tilt on its axis, so, that is fairly normal. I don't think humans have influenced that much. :D We HAVE influenced our climate though. It naturally goes thru cycles, hence, ice ages, and such, and we are in another warming cycle at the moment, and our contribution to the atmosphere has accelerated that warming, to a point. Reducing our CO2 output sure wouldn't hurt us, but, I suspect the climate will still warm, regardless of what we do.

I live in the tropics. The temps have been lower than normal for this time of year. Is it another Ice Age?

Deeper south the ice at the south pole isn't getting any warmer. The north pole sure could be warming up. A lot! :sweat: That would cause big walls of ICE to crack. Loose an ice island again floating free and send an ICE BERG your way. If a huge one breaks to float your way, Hopefully it will shrink down enough so you can think about more important things like a little ice cube for your favorite drink.

Shrink from the HEAT, like the one that was as big as Manhattan Island one year, shrink down enough by the time it reaches you, to fill those drinks with those little umbrella's.

If it shrinks too fast and cools the Atlantic Ocean streams too much; more whirl pools and thunder storms might be more my supposition.

If by chance the Pacific receives such a large release of Ice too at the same time I won't have travel as far to soak my feet off the cool Ocean shores after the Andreas Fault snaps sending all of California, parts Oregon, and Washington out into the ocean making an island that many people :geek: supposed in their suppositions that is what could happen. :tongue:

We have seasons due to the earths tilt on its axis, so, that is fairly normal. I don't think humans have influenced that much. We HAVE influenced our climate though. It naturally goes thru cycles, hence, ice ages, and such, and we are in another warming cycle at the moment, and our contribution to the atmosphere has accelerated that warming, to a point. Reducing our CO2 output sure wouldn't hurt us, but, I suspect the climate will still warm, regardless of what we do.

From what I have learned about CO2 there have been many who are making a living, known as a killing, harvesting trees where it's illegal, and those that uphold the law are once again under staffed and could only stop a couple here or there that illegally harvest parts of the Rain Forest. Movies animated and such cry about it.

Fern Gulley is one that comes to mind.

Another movie*, a true story I read stated, about a man in charge of building a hydroelectric power planet in South America whose son was abducted when he was a baby, awakened in memories today.

EDIT: Wow! :devil: I still have a copy of the movie: The Emerald Forest* from the book by Robert Holdstock. John Boorman made it into a movie. I'll have to get out my VCR and dust it off to be able to play it though. :D

It's climate! It's impossible to make a 100% assessment of the cause. As HeyYou pointed out, it is quite possible that "some" of the climate variation we are seeing is anthropocentric, but there isn't enough data to make ANY assumptions about the % of blame (God, Nature or humans)

As for CO2, it's hundreds of times lower today than it has been in the past, So should we blame Woolly Mammoth farts for that? There is barely over 100 years of "good" data for the Northern Hemisphere, and sweet FA for the Southern Hemisphere until more recently, so how can anyone know for sure?

Would it surprise you to learn that we probably wouldn't have an Amazon Jungle (or it wouldn't be as large and verdant) if it wasn't for the Sahara Desert? Dust from sandstorms in the Sahara is carried over the ocean to replenish minerals in the South American jungle, so without that "fertilising", the Jungle would begin to wither. (by how much and how quickly it would change? Who TF knows)

Be wary of ANYONE or any group who makes grand sweeping "predictions" or statements about climate patterns and/or changes, because so far 99.999999% of them in the last 100 years or more have been completely wrong.

What's worth more to you?

I watched the movie Changing a mind. I posted the stream so others who I knew that saw another movie I posted too could see it if they had the time.

I decided to run it a second time. Just to let anyone who might have come by the Forums later who might see the streamed link. While it was playing the second time I was just sitting back ignoring it when something drew my attention to the woman during an interview. The way her facial expression was caught my eye. I didn't quite get the whole effect and words all from it. I decided to run it again. I thought I might as well, watch it again in case any one comes along and catches the stream while I was, because it's only live when I am watching.

About two minutes before the part of interview I wanted to see, the TV blanked out for about four seconds. I thought, that's kind of weird. As soon it came back on there she was about to say the words. Her facial expression did the twist shifting when it did quickly from one mood and into another expression. I knew it was a splice. They edited it, just before she said what she was going to say and taped it back together with words that fit in barely to where she seemed to be in complete focus.

I rewound the movie to two minutes before she spoke about how she felt about her work. She said she was making a bunch of mini-me's.

I rolled it back again and just about where the TV blacked out I realized what part that is a fact she described was, that if I hadn't looked and compared the moments I would not have figured out what caused me to do it. Some part of my diet was something she mentioned.

Facts, are a dangerous commodity when they threaten some billion dollar company.

Like the facts about "Tucker and his modern car" that the big companies knew would drive them out of business if they let him rise to the top of the heap.

Several people pulling a trailer with boats on them appeared in the city where I live. I would not have given it much thought, accept I got back to my house and was parking the car, when truck came round the south end of the block, pulling a trailer with a boat on it. He smiled as I looked out the window of my car. That salesman smile, that wolf in sheep's clothing smile, and that flood of advertising sense I get when I think about trading in my vehicle for a newer model. The second time a boat passed me, it was a better more expensive model. I went out late 22:00 hours to get some body fuel and in the parking lot was a beauty of a boat, the real fancy kind of inboard for water skiers and the ones you see babes in bikini's pointing at.

Why does that seem so strange to me now. Because I have lived for 71 years and never seen so many boats on the road, in parking lots, or around the entire time I was driving along rivers. Just passing through I imagined. Then my mind gave me that spark. Oh yeah? Maybe somebodies died and I am going to inherit some real money?

The woman in the movie, selling was not her intent, she actually was and is, a heroine. Then I saw that quick little snip and tape. Sincerely saving her own hide now. Facts. Often hide in plain sight. We just need a reminder so we don't get over confident that the big wig, the big moguls, the sails about to go up to find out if she will float, when we don't even know how to swim.

And now for something completely different. Now! I have two reasons to believe people are following my words to see the facts I leave on the posts, which are facts, in plain sight.

Changing a mind is a good one. If I were a vain man I would feel like I was robbed. I could have done that myself. Lucky lady to do it before me.

Where the truth is she faired well and did a good deed. Those, facts she supplied were gained by her like those before her that were great doctors, who do their research with a labor of love for it's worth to save lives. Sometimes the doctor was being selfish, learning to become one was not their intent, it was to save their own life from something that they were allergic to. She was saving someone else, and that's more of what makes being one with knowledge so studying and seeking answers makes knowledge a pleasure to learn.