No More Donations

WilsonBall

I believe he is merely trying to point out that when you click on the "donate" option on a mod authors page it takes you directly to the Paypal donation page for that author. The money never goes to Nexus at all. So seeing Nexus' financial records won't do you any good because you never gave Nexus' any money.

Guest deleted34304850

i am on a couple of mod author patreons and i like that as it "mostly" goes directly to the mod author.

i'd never pay anything to this website to pass along because i have zero trust in this place any more. words <> actions.

I know you're upset, but it's not really fair to make up conspiracy theories - especially when they're pure nonsense. You're not paying us to "pass it along", you're paying via PayPal directly into the PayPal account of the other user. PayPal may take a cut of your donation if there is a currency conversion or fees involved but we have no part in the transaction (I don't even know how you think that would be possible!).

PayPal donations go direct via PayPal. DP donations don't magically lose value. Premium memberships don't get cut short.

It's up to you how you choose to support authors, but please avoid spreading misinformation.

there is no conspiracy theory, nor am I spreading misinformation. I simply said I do not trust nexusmods any more.

I'll let you figure out why that is, but a hint here is how this latest change was rolled out, how questions went unanswered, how people were shut down, the whole - take it or leave it message that was abundantly clear in the word salad that was published. the non-answer answers that were carefully crafted to offer zero detail. it was and is just insulting.

All these things broke my trust in nexusmods.

That isn't a conspiracy theory or misinformation, its me communicating how I feel based on the events of the last few days. I communicated it clearly, in a topic that is related, I've not tried to derail anything, I've not abused anyone. I simply stated my stance.

I don't do lies or fallacies or conspiracy theories. My post history in the forums will bear that out if anyone is interested in wading through my gubbins. I do fact and honesty based on information available to me. Its not my fault nexusmods aren't as upfront as they used to be.

I hope this clarifies everything for you.

Edited by 1ae0bfb8

Dude! Nexus doesn't "pass along" donations to authors. DP has had the same value since it was created. Nobody is on the forum claiming Nexus is cutting donated Premium memberships.

It's a conspiracy theory because the first is impossible, the second is clearly not true and the third has no evidence whatsoever.

Guest deleted34304850

Dude! Nexus doesn't "pass along" donations to authors. DP has had the same value since it was created. Nobody is on the forum claiming Nexus is cutting donated Premium memberships.

It's a conspiracy theory because the first is impossible, the second is clearly not true and the third has no evidence whatsoever.

Thanks for the clarification. Again, thats my stance and there's no words you, or anyone else can put into these forums that will return my trust. You do know how trust works, right?

Oh, absolutely. You don't trust the Nexus. And that's your prerogative.

But when you tell people you don't trust Nexus to "pass along" donations when that is not at all how it works? That's spreading misinformation. And that's what Picky requested people stop doing.

Guest deleted34304850

fair comment. i will go back and remove that. it wasn't my aim to infer that money is being played around with.

picky - i'll go back and fix that - you're right - i was clumsy in my word choice. apologies.

So for a little clarification on what i posted regarding seeing the finances.

Here is Nexus Mods DP FAQ
https://www.nexusmods.com/modrewards#/faq

The source of all Donation Points is Nexus Mods itself. They control the value of them.
The pool is supplemented by our Mod Author Donation Fund on Patreon. So that's where the "users" come in. those who want to help and donate to them to help donate to the mod makers.

So from having servers. having an office. paying the mod makers. All of this is coming from Them and we are supplementing it as well. We only know and see what they post and show posted as "how we are splitting the funds"

It wouldn't be far fetched to go "X amount can be going to Y when its meant to got to Z" And we cant prove it is either way cause we don't know what the back side of the system looks like.

Edited by maxmanatarms

So for a little clarification on what i posted regarding seeing the finances.

Here is Nexus Mods DP FAQ

https://www.nexusmods.com/modrewards#/faq

The source of all Donation Points is Nexus Mods itself. They control the value of them.

The pool is supplemented by our Mod Author Donation Fund on Patreon. So that's where the "users" come in. those who want to help and donate to them to help donate to the mod makers.

So from having servers. having an office. paying the mod makers. All of this is coming from Them and we are supplementing it as well. We only know and see what they post and show posted as "how we are splitting the funds"

It wouldn't be far fetched to go "X amount can be going to Y when its meant to got to Z" And we cant prove it is either way cause we don't know what the back side of the system looks like.

That link is for the NexusMods patreon. If they are getting money from that, it is going into the pool for DP, which are earned with downloads. If I had to hazard a guess, the system is totally automated, and once set up, requires very little human intervention. As that is money Nexus is essentially giving away in any event, they don't have any real reason to dink around with it...... Of course, we have no way to tell if they are, or not.... as they are a private company, and their financial records are no ones business but theirs. Don't expect to see ANY of that, ever.

I dont.
I was merely responding to Pickysaurus complaining how we shouldn't say misinformation or create conspiracy's.
I like how we have to not say certain things when lots of folks with in the last 2 weeks have has posts censored/removed when we point out some very revealing facts. And they are still going "we aren't doing anything wrong with the new TOS or system" And when folks start withdrawing support or funds they get more defensive.

Edited by maxmanatarms

Donation Points are always worth .001 of a cent. What changes is the size of the pool.

The Patreon page tells you how much of the monthly pool comes from there. It also has nothing to do with the "donate to the author" system which appeare to be what they were complaining about.

So, basically, if the pool is greater than the Patreon amount every month then that means that Nexus is adding to it, not removing from it.

I'm not opted in to DP so I'm not sure if you actually receive any information that would tell you the size of the pool. If not, that would be valid information to ask for.

Anything else is not a concern to Mod Authors.