Saints Row IV: banned

Vindekarr

Same as the title says really, the OFLC may have an R rating now, but it's just banned a slew of triple-A titles in Australia, perhaps the biggest being Saint's Row 4. Not only is this a disapointing decision-it's also meant that a lot of Australian customers now can't play a game they've pre-ordered.

i

Edited by Vindekarr

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate, you ever look up who's actually on the OFLC board? According to the press release it was banned for "encouraging sexual violence against women" and secondarily, drug use.

Volition is currently working on a censored version, however, no word has been given on refunds.

The Nexus isn't an apporpriate place for my or anyone's politics, but just know this; the OFLC right now is BADLY stacked against gamers. It's staffed almost exclusively by 50+ year old single-mothers. Would you trust a 77 year old, devoutly christian ex-preschool teacher to be able to make appropriate and neutral decisions about upcoming games? didn't think so.

Yeah, anything regarding politics gets ignored by me pretty much. But banned for drug use... come on, how many games these days have drugs in them? I can understand violence against women but yeah, drug use is going a little too far. These old cabbages must think all us gamers as innocent little kids, still blind to reality thanks to immaturity - they do realise that the average age of a gamer is not 7, right?

And how long did it take to get an R18+ category? Did these mothers forget about this new rating, which is for people 18 and over? I think by now we'd learned that doing drugs and hitting women are bad. Why deny us a game that isn't even entirely focused on those?

And now it has been removed from Steam? Must have taken a lot of preaching from those harlots to have managed that.

I suggest we storm their palace and make use of the guillotine... Oh wait, that would give them ammunition. Nevertheless, we require change.

I read about this the other week, the whole situation is ridiculous. I doubt very much there is actual sexual violence in the game, lord only knows what they've decided constitutes sexual violence but you can bet it isn't what normal people would think of it as. As for drugs, the game is for adults, do they really think adults will take up drug use because they saw it in a video game? That board looks like it's set up to give employment to senile establishment types.

i gotta say, this is the first time ive heard anyone say anything bad about SR and specifically SR3. ive only ever heard good things about SR3 and only excitement for SR4 to come out.

i gotta say, this is the first time ive heard anyone say anything bad about SR and specifically SR3. ive only ever heard good things about SR3 and only excitement for SR4 to come out.

SR3 was kinda "meh" overall. What could have been a fun game was bogged down by two major issues. First was that there wasn't much variety in side-jobs and many of the side-jobs were forced in as components of the already short main storyline, leading to several places where things got too repetitive. Second was that too much of the game was locked away behind DLC, almost to a point of being ridiculous given that there was a cheat code DLC (much of the actual data of initial DLC was already in the game and just unlocked). Although the controls weren't too bad, the game just felt very lacking, even with the DLC that added new content.

Given the hints of being even more DLC-ridden at launch, it's unlikely that even modding would be able to save it depending on how much they actually end up locking away or cutting out to put a pricetag on.

I may be wrong, and they may have redeemed themselves after THQ went bust, but I'll still hold off on buying it until there are enough reviews in and the price drops significantly.