The "Audio - Music" category is not applied to any SkyrimSE mods that should have this category

Fractalbase

Any music mods that are found in this category on Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/categories/110/?BH=1
do not register as having the "Audio - Music" category in Vortex.

They appear with the unspecified category and are therefore grouped/sorted as such in the Mods tab and the Plugins tab.

I believe this is a bug that was introduced at some point, because I have a music mod that I downloaded 9 months ago and it has the correct category, but music mods that I've downloaded at least 3 months ago to current do not have this category, or any category.

Please fix this in Vortex, unless you can point out that I'm doing something wrong when I download music mods?

Guest deleted34304850

double click the mod in question - a panel opens up on the right - populate it as you want. solved.

Guest deleted34304850

it does.

but there's loads of mods that suffer this. blame the garbage in the database at the back end.

it does.

but there's loads of mods that suffer this. blame the garbage in the database at the back end.

So you're certain the fault is with Nexus and not Vortex... d'oh. Doesn't Nexus make Vortex?

Vortex grabs the metadata from the Nexus, if the metadata isn't there, then Vortex can't do anything with non-existent metadata

Guest deleted34304850

it does.

So you're certain the fault is with Nexus and not Vortex... d'oh. Doesn't Nexus make Vortex?

Yes, I'm certain the problem is with the data in the back end database. Vortex just tries to read what it can. If the data is not there, then what can it do? Make some stuff up?

Look, you've been given a solution. Accept it, or don't. Honestly, I don't give a ****. If it triggers you THAT much - give feedback to nexusmods via the three dots in the top right of your Vortex screen and think of it as a service to the community.

I think we're done here. Good luck assigning the correct values to your meta data.

The Nexus Mods category in Skyrim SE is "Audio - Music, SFX, Voice." This category correctly appears on my mods page for Skyrim SE. To check out the OP's issue, I also just now downloaded an audio mod uploaded to Nexus Mods on 7/28. It shows up in Vortex assigned to the correct category. I'm using Vortex 1.4.14.

it does.

Yes, I'm certain the problem is with the data in the back end database. Vortex just tries to read what it can. If the data is not there, then what can it do? Make some stuff up?

Look, you've been given a solution. Accept it, or don't. Honestly, I don't give a ****. If it triggers you THAT much - give feedback to nexusmods via the three dots in the top right of your Vortex screen and think of it as a service to the community.

I think we're done here. Good luck assigning the correct values to your meta data.

I wasn't triggered. No need for attitude.