Steam Summer Sale

hoofhearted4

just started up. July 11-22.

already tons of great deals i can see. idk how much ill be buying tbh. i have an entire Steam list of games i have bought that i still have to play, not to mention PS3 lol.

but ya, i figured id let all you guys who dont check Steam too often know!! :D

Happy Savings and Gaming!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why for you go on sale Steam when I no have money? *flips table*

Nah...but thanks..the server went down a bit ago and I couldn't view the store. ha ha ha

Meh, was hoping for some franchise sales since those usually tend to be great deals even if you're only going with 1 or 2 games.

Will probably just hold onto my money unless Skyrim DLC goes at 75% or something else I care to play gets discounted.

I thought I'd grab Dawnguard for half price, I'd refused to pay £14 for DLC in a game that can be bought for £12 but £7 seemed reasonable. Went to pay and Steam threw up an error telling me it couldn't complete the transaction, it then installed Dawnguard into my game anyway. :blink:

I'd tell them but the support page isn't loading.

I pretty much bought everything what i wanted on the last sale, anyone have suggestions ????

The first day is usually pretty weak, so you may want to hold off till the good deals start appearing.

Games I might recommend:

Crusader Kings if you're into strategy games that require alot of pre-planning, deep thinking, and pretty much everything that modern RTS are not.

Torchlight 2 if you're looking for something with that Diablo-style feeling, but without the dark grainy colors.

The Last Remnant looks interesting if you're into JRPGs, I might just get it at 66 or 75% off if nothing else draws me.

Endless space also looks like a possibility but feeling a bit iffy on some of its systems.

What I would suggest avoiding however:

Rogue Legacy - While it might be the hot thing on the webz, the gameplay is pretty lacking after about the first 15 minutes. There just isn't much variation when it comes to how things actually function from one run to the next.

Damn, still nothing I especially want. Only thing I've got my eye on is Expeditions Conquistador, but I'll hold off for later during the sale.

Edit: To counter Vagrant0, I would highly recommend Rogue Legacy. I've sunk over 20 hours into it already. For a rogue-like, it's one of the best I've played in years. I'll also say that while the gameplay doesn't racidically change from one run to the next, there's enough variety to keep things fresh once you start unlocking new classes, new abilities, new runes, etc.

Edited by Zewp

I bought Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition, but I'm not going to play it until I get a gamepad or something and also those mod fixes. First time playing it: will I fail epically? That is the question.

First, good idea. It should require a gamepad and DSfix.

Second, nah. You'll be fine for about a half hour, unless you accidentally wander into some tough place like the catacombs. After that you'll fail. :)