Unable to Access skyrim.nexusmods.com

galdran

Keep getting a bunch of 502s from the skyrim.nexusmods.com. Maybe it's just me, but perhaps it's time to rework the server networking again, and come to the conclusion that NMM on a single dedicated server with just daily manual or automatic updates on a independent database might clean up the problems with slow loads and bad requests. It's probably just not a good idea to let NMM traffic share the same pipeline as site traffic, if that's still the case.

Edited by ziitch

Ranges aren't being blocked, individual IP addresses are. Just thousands of them.

Interesting, most people block ranges. And I already scanned my computer with 4 different malware and 2 antivirus programs and found nothing, both my hardware and software firewalls have detected no activity. Checking my logs for any suspicious programs, my processes and anything using unexplained memory and nothing. Yet I was blocked yesterday. (not blocked anymore).

I also checked with 2 other people in the building on shaw, and none of them could access your site as well. You really sure you didn't block the entire shaw network where I live?

galdran: Your IP address probably changed. Unless you have a static IP address (which would be a rarity for residential ISP connections unless you specifically asked for it), your IP address will likely change after some time (that being whenever your router renews its DHCP lease).

So, what is the word on the 502 bad gateways? About 50% of the time, that's what I get, and when it does work, it's really slow. I'm fairly sure ya'll are working on it, anything you can tell us, like a time frame to possible fix?

Judging by Google Trends, I'd guess it's a surge in activity. Searches like "skyrim mods" aren't classified as "rising" but "breakout", meaning they're rising and bloody fast too. Today is easily the peak for related terms over the past 7 days.

Steam summer sale.

Its not a sale everyone thinks that but its Not its a DOS attack Dark0ne said it http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1037225-forbidden/&do=findComment&comment=8462990

If you're new and don't know who Dark0ne is he's the owner of the site.