My Personal Fallout 4 wishlist

Rattlerx5150

I'd second that Lurker! Bless Bethesda they make great games, but reliability isn't their strong suit.

+ More accurate sniper weapons. Let's face it, the Anti-Material Rifle in particular, but also the standard Sniper Rifle in FNV, AND the basic Hunting Rifle were about as accurate as a sneeze. I'd like to see some improvements by vanilla to reward those players who like to be a rogue.

+ More hats. You cannot have too many.

+ Improved stealth mechanics(PLEASE!) It's time for Fallout to catch up with the ES series for stealth implementation-stealth also totally fits with the scenario.

+Sound-suppressed shotguns. You want to do as much base damage with a sneak attack as possible for the maximum hit possible once the modifier is applied-why not suppress a 12-gauge? we KNOW it can be done.

+Some nicer vanilla outfits. Romper-suits are not, will not be, will NEVER be fashionable. How about a nice (obviously slightly battered)trench-coat and suit with a duster hat?

+A tommy-gun. I want one to match my suit.

so i thought of something i would love to see implemented: Duel Wielding. This has many possibilities.

Duel wielding two pistols would be sweet. and with this mechanic you should be able to have an option to hold a pistol with two hands (if your only using one) to improve accuracy and recoil reduction. then later you could unlock Perks or maybe invest enough Skill Points or something were you could duel wield rifles, machine guns, maybe even Miniguns, Fatman(s) and Flamers, etc.

of course this would help the melee mechanic as well. two Super Sledge anyone?...on a side note with melee, there should be a melee attack if you are using a gun, ie pistol whip. and guns could be improved with bayonets of some kind.

with this they could bring in shields as well. items would range from a garbage can lid, to a makeshift one from scraps, up to a Riot Shield (and maybe through a Perk or Skill Points) a Car Door or something. These shields could be used with Melee as normal, but also with pistols (and again, maybe rifles and bigger through Skill Points or Perks). and obviously, youd need a shield bash, cause that would be fun as well....but they could also take shields in two ways, an immersive (realistic) way or a "this is just a game" way. the Immersive way would make something like a garbage can lid be useless against bullets, and only usefull against small melee items like a Nightstick or a 2x4 or something. could even go more in depth in saying that if a Knife executes a Piercing/Stabbing attack,it would puncture the Lid, but a Slashing attack with be deflected. these types of settings could be played around with Hardcore Mode. making Hardcore Mode more realistic beyond just needing to eat and drink more. Then the "this is just a game way" would just deduct some sort of damage from your overall damage taken. instead of really caring whats hitting you, a Garbage Can Lid would always deduct 1 or 2 damage or something from your overall damage taken, even if you were hit my a Missile or something.

but yea, the thought of Duel Wielding in FO4, be it two pistols, two Super Sledges, a Shield and an Armament, or something even more Grand like 2 miniguns, sounds like it would be completely badass!!!

I'm out of ideas on what I want in Fallout 4.

However, I am certain of what I don't want: more dumbing down.

I personally feel that relative to Oblivion, Skyrim was more 'diluted'. I have a sinking feeling this trend may continue with Fallout 4. I hope my feelings are wrong on this matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's one... How about NPCs that actually make use of those cover positions that were coded into most of the world statics rather than standing out in the open or running up in melee range en-mass every time. If possible... adding some sort of NPC awareness so that if they see a pile of bodies in a doorway they aren't as likely to just keep running through that doorway as you shoot them one at a time. If an NPC sees their buddy drop dead, they should take cover away from that spot where they "think" an enemy might be... Not walk up to the body, poke it, and walk blindly toward what probably just killed their buddy. Not only would this make encounters less textbook, but would open up more possibilities for tools, traps, grenades, and other stuff as a means of either flushing enemies out of cover or killing them where they're hiding.

Companions should also utilize this sort of AI, but as a means to either provide cover fire when you're advancing, or helping to flush out an enemy while you're waiting for an ambush. Can be easily controlled by some sort of action key to send an instruction to your companion.

In short, pushing a more tactical sort of gameplay style instead of one based around making as much noise as you can and mowing down everything that moves.

Vagrant, Halo already has an element of this built in, so it's clearly quite doable. AI in Halo dynamically reacts to several pre-programmed cues. If losses start stacking up quickly, it will scatter it's formation and try and not only find cover, but break line of sight. If YOU take cover out of line of sight, it will use the opportunity to re-position its troops. If you stay out of line of site, it will storm your position; if there are multiple entrances, it will divide it's forces as evenly as possible and attack from multiple sides, even if you have already left.

As human-like as it looks in action, this is all just based on simple checks of your health, your weapon, enemy numbers and strength, and the amount of damage either side is taking. I don't see how this would be particularly hard to implement, let alone on next-gen hardware. With some good AI people and FOSE, you could probably mod this in.

Vagrant, Halo already has an element of this built in, so it's clearly quite doable. AI in Halo dynamically reacts to several pre-programmed cues. If losses start stacking up quickly, it will scatter it's formation and try and not only find cover, but break line of sight. If YOU take cover out of line of sight, it will use the opportunity to re-position its troops. If you stay out of line of site, it will storm your position; if there are multiple entrances, it will divide it's forces as evenly as possible and attack from multiple sides, even if you have already left.

As human-like as it looks in action, this is all just based on simple checks of your health, your weapon, enemy numbers and strength, and the amount of damage either side is taking. I don't see how this would be particularly hard to implement, let alone on next-gen hardware. With some good AI people and FOSE, you could probably mod this in.

And yet we havn't seen this happen in any Bethsoft game to date. FO3 was "supposed" to have this sort of thing happen given that a good deal of statics have what are essentially furniture markers for positions of cover... But the AI just never uses them.