Lose Workshop After Installing Vault DLC

drnshaw

Yeah, I've lately run into the limitation that all roof pieces are designed for buildings no more than 2 tiles wide, or if there are extensions to make them wider the end filler pieces are missing or at the wrong angles. There is a serious lack of geometry and carpenter skills going on here.

Big vaults.... as in tall? Build areas are large, rectangular markers. Odd shapes are constructed from rectangles linked together. What I'm getting at is they have tops. There is a height limit; go above it you get kicked out of build mode. The allowed height varies depending on the settlement.

There's a mod called Build High that extends boundaries, including way, way up. Only real issue with it is you can't enable it on a new game until after you leave Vault 111 because it extends the Sanctuary border to include the area around the exit and that causes crashes.

Yeah, I've lately run into the limitation that all roof pieces are designed for buildings no more than 2 tiles wide, or if there are extensions to make them wider the end filler pieces are missing or at the wrong angles. There is a serious lack of geometry and carpenter skills going on here.

Big vaults.... as in tall? Build areas are large, rectangular markers. Odd shapes are constructed from rectangles linked together. What I'm getting at is they have tops. There is a height limit; go above it you get kicked out of build mode. The allowed height varies depending on the settlement.

There's a mod called Build High that extends boundaries, including way, way up. Only real issue with it is you can't enable it on a new game until after you leave Vault 111 because it extends the Sanctuary border to include the area around the exit and that causes crashes.

I run build high, and have it active even when starting a new game, I don't think I have ever had it crash in the early part of the game. But, my game is amazingly stable in any event. I can generally play for hours without a crash.

'Build High' says it requires Nuka World and that is the only DLC I don't have. So, I'm installing it now and then will install 'Build High'. Right now, I'm four floors high on Spectacle Island with three elevators and wraparound stairs. I'll let you know how that works! :-)

N.

I run build high, and have it active even when starting a new game, I don't think I have ever had it crash in the early part of the game. But, my game is amazingly stable in any event. I can generally play for hours without a crash.

Dunno, I just know that's one of the warnings, "wait until you exit 111 before enabling".

DO NOT INSTALL/ACTIVATE IT IF YOU ARE STARTING A NEW GAME!

It will result in a perpetual loading screen. Wait until you exit the vault. Might work earlier, but better safe than sorry. I'll try to fix this later, if I can.

Anyway, my usual practice is to only have character customization mods enabled when starting a new run because a bunch of them will try and load during character creation and glitch. Like putting items in your inventory when you don't actually have an inventory.