The myriad of visual mods is somewhat frustrating. Also, general moddi

Laskeri

...ng questions.

I recently got a good enough PC to play Skyrim, so I wanted to get a good mod setup running. I realize that this forum gets inundated with "Halp me wif modz pl0x" topics, but I'm legitimately confused as to what visual mods are absolutely necessary, what ones are icing on top of the cake, and so on and so forth. other than that, I'm feeling pretty good about what I've got so far:

• 83Willows 101 Bugs
  • A Quality World Map
  • Achieve That!
  • Apachii Skyhair
  • Apocalypse Spell Package
  • Aurora Doomstone Package
  • Auto Unequip Ammo
  • Bandolier - Bags and Pouches
  • Blaze of Eventide
  • Boethiah for Good Guys
  • Cloaks of Skyrim
  • Cloaks of Skyrim - Dawnguard
  • Convenient Horses
  • Dwemer Goggles and Scouter
  • Dwemerverse - Dwemer Magic Package
  • Expanded Jewelry Crafting w/ leveled list addon
  • Falaskaar
  • Follower Trap Safety (Unsure if this is necessary.)
  • Glowing Ore Veins 300
  • House of Horrors Alternate Ending
  • Immersive Armors
  • Immersive Weapons
  • Namira for Good Guys
  • RaceMenu
  • Realistic Ragdolls and Force
  • Shooting Stars
  • ShowRaceMenu Precache Killer
  • Skyrim Immersive Creatures
  • SkyUI
  • Stones of Barenziah Quest Markers
  • Thunderbolt Shout Package
  • Unofficial Dawnguard Patch
  • Unofficial Hearthfire Patch
  • Unofficial High-Resolution Patch
  • Unofficial Skyrim Patch
  • Wearable Lanterns

Obviously not in that order, but yeah.

I installed the HD DLC because I read that it made No More Blocky Faces unecessary, but I'm not quite sure on that.

I know I probably don't need to install the ones that change specific quests until I get to them, but eh...

My plan was to install the content mods first, then try on HD Textures (the 2K HD texture pack + the aMidianBorn stuff) and then add stuff like WATER, Climates of Tamriel, and such. And finally add stuff like SweetFX/ENB depending on what my computer can handle. The other mods I was looking at were some of the TK Mods, but it seems they have a bunch of glitches of their own.

Relevant system specs:

i5-4679K, OC'd to 4.4 GHz

Sapphire Radeon HD 7970

8GB RAM

and I have Skyrim installed on an SSD.

Thanks in advance for taking time out of your day to help me.

Edited by Laskeri

It's really just a matter of personal taste. Of everything you listed, this is what I have installed:

• A Quality World Map
  • Glowing Ore Veins 300
  • Immersive Armors
  • Realistic Ragdolls and Force
  • SkyUI
  • Unofficial Dawnguard Patch
  • Unofficial Hearthfire Patch
  • Unofficial High-Resolution Patch
  • Unofficial Skyrim Patch

I would start with the ENB mods because they will be the most performance intensive but you really can't go without them. I'd go Vanilla with ENB before any of the multitude of texture/lighting/FXAA mods.

Definately get SkyUI. That is probably the most important mod. I prefer the Lite version of the 2K textures just for performance. Static Mesh Improvement is nice as wel.

I would start with the ENB mods because they will be the most performance intensive but you really can't go without them. I'd go Vanilla with ENB before any of the multitude of texture/lighting/FXAA mods.

Definately get SkyUI. That is probably the most important mod. I prefer the Lite version of the 2K textures just for performance. Static Mesh Improvement is nice as wel.

I'll look to see what ENB I can find that I like. I guess the feeling I'm looking for is somewhere between realism and fantasy? If that makes any sense. I'm also looking for skin improvement mods that are like that as well.

The other mods that I was interested in were Skyrim Flora Overhaul and Lush Grass and Trees, but Lush Grass and Trees doesn't seem to be available right now (It says it was hidden by the author because he was overhauling the mod, and that it will take a while.)

Edited by Laskeri