Rolling down-time this coming week on all sites

Dark0ne

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, what happened overnight? Log off the New Vegas Nexus last night with all of my mods listed in my tracking center, then log in today and only 4 or 5 are appearing. What happened to the 3 pages of tracked mods I had last night when I logged off???

When I started playing Skyrim again and discovered the condition of The Nexus... well... I was worried that a staple of my modding experience going all the way back to Oblivion (Morrowind?) had been abandoned to die of neglect. Of course a quick check on the news items let me know you guys were working on it. So, patiently, I've waited.

Gotta say, the improvement to the site just since Monday (it's currently Thursday) is astounding. At this point there isn't the slightest hint of instability or sluggishness for me.

In other words, kudos on a job well done. And thank you for all you've done for the TES and Fallout modding community over the years.

Haha, this was my first time trying mods on the nexus, but I couldn't download anything. I thought Nexus was a complete fail until I saw this post.

If this is why the download links aren't working, then I'm hoping they'll be up fast! (I need new tunes on the radio station!)

Edited by LazerGuidedBacon

Rolling downtime means that any particular site may be up or down at any given time. As nexus is not one, but many sites, any one site will likely be down while it is being worked on. Then back up while we work on another one. During our programmers down time, (they actually like to sleep and eat some times) all of the sites should be up, but maybe not at full capacity. Please keep an eye on the site news for more up to date information. :thumbsup:

One of Murphy's Laws is every project always takes longer and costs more than originally planned - and this upgrade has not been an exception. :whistling:

Nice work guys; thank you. I've noticed a huge and continuous difference in performance on the FO3 and FONV sites as the week has progressed. Thank you for an awesome website, a great and continuously improving mod manager, and an incredible resource for mods. Keep up the great work!

Wouldn't it be better if they simply put the entire nexus down until everything is working at a hundred and ten percent? It won't be be popular but if the gain outwheights the rest... or something like that