⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Rolling down-time this coming week on all sites

Dark0ne

I haven't been able to download anything either, for several hours now. Regardless of which server I choose (a process that takes at least a minute or two to begin with), I get an error page telling me to try another server or report the issue if it's consistent.

So, I obviously assume that this issue is related to the site's current operations, but I figured that I'd report it all the same. You never know. :)

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dark0ne Please give me a good answer as to why this is not possible...And this may make sense to others as well...wouldn't it be smarter to take the smaller sites...take those all offline...at once. put all of those resources into the larger sites Ex: skyrim , new vegas, etc. and make a smaller site that has individual categories for the smaller mod communities. update what you have to do with the smallest ones first. at a good time Ex: midnight for the nexus servers take one big one off line example: skyrim. do its dump to protect it better and put it back up. couldn't you also expand the process over multiple days for the larger ones such as starting a dump, pausing it and putting it back online for a day use. take it off and resume the dump? and also put a block on any new content until the update is completed? just a thought if that makes any sense at all...honestly i was just rambling.

You're assuming that the Nexus databases are on separate servers (ie. Skyrim database server is separate from Fallout 3 Database server), which makes absolutely no sense from a business standpoint, as it is not cost efficient.

It's not just as simple as moving data from one hard drive to another. My wife is a programmer and deals with this sort of thing all the time. Chances are, Nexus Database is one server, and Ship Logging is not enabled, otherwise we could write/read to the existing database while the existing database structure is transferred over to a new infrastructure. In order for the database to not un-sync between transfer points, writing to the database is disabled for users, however READING from the database should not be disabled, but it seems the Nexus folks have deemed it necessary for no actual reason at all.

Edited by Dragonmourne

not to sound ungratefull or anything like that but i cant be the only one pissed that the oblivion servers are still f*#@ed up can i? cuz iv been trying to download mods but all of them retry over and over and then error out saying it couldnt get the f*#@ing files >.>

In response to post #8502054. #8499165, #8502204, #8502249 are all replies on the same post.

No thank you, I just spent two hours running errands, came back and downloading is still a no go. I hope they resolve this and it's not a more serious problem. Anything can happen when your moving things from one place to another.

In response to post #8503032. #8503045 is also a reply to the same post.

Give the Nexus guys a break. There have bee DDOS attacks and now with this upgrade the sites are flaky. Don't worry though in a week or so everything will be back online and going strong. I'm sure everyone can wait a week to DL mods.