Water purifiers, generators, plants break down in settlements.

FocuSwow3D

Hello everyone and thanks for visiting this topic.

I faced such a problem that things like water purifiers, generators, plants, and other things for supplies or resources regularly break down in the settlement. Usually it happens like this: after exploring the world, completing quests, I return to the settlement (Sanctuary, I have the only one at the moment) and see a notification about the already completed quest where Sturges asks for help to equip the settlement, that residents do not have enough water, food, etc. ...

I fix all the water purifiers, generators, go out to explore the world again, and when I return, the situation repeats itself over and over again. In the settlement at the moment there are only NPCs from the Concord Museum, the settlement does not have a lot of resources and, in principle, this is just the beginning of the game, so it does not look like an attack on the settlement, besides, I did not receive a notification that the settlement was attacked. This is not my first playthrough, but this is the first time I encountered a similar problem.

Of the mods that affect the settlement, there are SimSettlements2, several add-ons to it, Workshop Framework, Scrap Everything, Place Everywhere, and various add-ons for buildings from the vanilla game (SimplyModularHouse, Modular Sanctuary Pre-War and Post-War Build Set, etc.). I sorted the order of the mods through LOOT, checked the order manually and did not find or did not notice something that could cause this problem. A little later I will lay out the full mod list to make it clearer.

If anyone faced a similar problem, I ask for help.

Here's link to esp. list - https://modwat.ch/u/FocuSwow3D (dunno how to share it another way)

Edited by FocuSwow3D

Normally, the only time that stuff breaks down, is if you are attacked. Does Sim Settlements also add that? Does it have a configuration menu for it??

I did not find something similar in the mod's settings, after all, there is mainly about construction, there are no points about attacks. Also, I have not yet activated the start of the SS2 quest, also I do not have a single building from SS yet, there is only vanilla items like turrets, water purifiers and generators, so I'm not sure if it somehow affects this problem.

I've had something similar happen to me at Sanctuary while I was still there, so indeed there was no settlement attack. I planted food and then went to refurbish a house, walked by the farm and all the plants had been destroyed. I replanted them and it happened again. Has only happened to that one particular run-through and not since (I hope I have not just jinxed myself).

As an aside, could be some of your defensive weapons shooting at some radroach or something and thus causing damage.

This is a feature of Sim Settlements 2 called "Non-Plot Maintenance", which is intended to balance generators, turrets and other automated resources.

It's a bit unbalanced in the early game when you don't have a lot of junk, but the issue does go away. If you don't like it, you can turn it off in the Sim Settlements 2 menu.

Can also be a bit finicky, I understand. I made a thread about it here earlier this month.