Oblivion Script Extender

BigEd2a

I recently began playing Oblivion again after 10 years of Skyrim. I had never used any MODs in Oblivion, I didn't even know they existed at the time.

I loaded a Weapon and Armor MOD that said it needed the Script Extender so I followed the link to Silverlock and downloaded the file witch Vortex added to the MOD page, just like the file in Skyrim and in the same location at the end of the MODs.

I keep getting a message popping up that the Extender is not detected and I should exit the game to reload it. In frustration with the constant messages I deleted the MOD but I continue to get the messages.

How can I stop the messages???

Thanks, Ed

Soooooooooo, I never would have found that box as the screen wasn't maximized and it was at the bottom. In addition, I would never have even looked at that as at 75 years old, I expect things to work without fussing around. The note there stated that I was trying to run a STEAM purchased game through Vortex so I needed to go to "Steam>Settings>In Game" and check the box "Enable Steam Community In Game" . EXCEPT there is no check box with that wording. I looked at all of the sun-headings in Steam Settings.

There has got to be a better way. I purchased this from Steam because my old game was on a DVD and the laptop I put it on is a one year old Dell gaming machine with no CD drive bay.

At this point I just want to get rid of the constant message popping up saying I don't have OBSE loaded, please exit the game and load it. I get this from time to time on Skyrim, I assume for the same reason but don't want to blow away the mods there. On Oblivion, if a MOD requires OBSE, I'll live without it.

Thanks for your time and patience. Ed

Soooooooooo, I never would have found that box as the screen wasn't maximized and it was at the bottom. In addition, I would never have even looked at that as at 75 years old, I expect things to work without fussing around. The note there stated that I was trying to run a STEAM purchased game through Vortex so I needed to go to "Steam>Settings>In Game" and check the box "Enable Steam Community In Game" . EXCEPT there is no check box with that wording. I looked at all of the sun-headings in Steam Settings.

There has got to be a better way. I purchased this from Steam because my old game was on a DVD and the laptop I put it on is a one year old Dell gaming machine with no CD drive bay.

At this point I just want to get rid of the constant message popping up saying I don't have OBSE loaded, please exit the game and load it. I get this from time to time on Skyrim, I assume for the same reason but don't want to blow away the mods there. On Oblivion, if a MOD requires OBSE, I'll live without it.

Thanks for your time and patience. Ed

I said nothing about changing any settings in STEAM, the Picture I posted was to make the SCRIPT EXTENDER PRIMARY IN VORTEX.

The reason Vortex is saying that the Script Extender isn't running, is because you don't have it set as PRIMARY, which the Picture I posted, shows you how to set it to Primary in VORTEX.

The reason I went onto the Steam site was that when I clicked the "Make this Primary" a dialog box opened, see below"

SORRY, NEXUS WON'T LET ME PAST A PIC OF THE DIALOG BOX. LIFE SUCKS THEN YOU DIE!!!

Vortex is not opening Oblivion at all now, simply popping up the dialog box so I have to open with Steam. I prefer using Vortex because it makes using MODs easier to me.

Oh well............

Ed

Unfortunately, Vortex may not be optimal mod organizer for Oblivion, for it is an old game way before Vortex, and many mods are packaged for manual installation, or either for Oblivion Mod Manager(.omod) or Wrye Bash(BAIN package).

A good mod manager is Wrye Bash - Use it. Also use the Wrye Bash Patch.

Install all unofficial patches

Install ENBoost and ENB v0.259

Install EngineBugFixes

Also peek at my thread about how I start OBSE with ENB and CSE combined, to get the game run smoth with CSE and also how to run CSE with ENB installed.

Edited by Pellape