.esm or .esp files missing!!

exterminans

hi

a few days ago a virus infected my computer, and destroyed some files, even some files of morrowind. now everytime i want to start morrowind, there is an error message:

"You need at least on .ESM or .ESP file to run Morrowind"

i lost all my cd´s by moving to another town, so i cant reinstall it... so plz can someone send me this files to my email adress:

[email protected]

would be very nice!!!

thank u very much...

Alright, it sounds like you're buggered, but I'll give this a shot just to help you out. Start up the Morrowind Launcher and click Data Files. You should see a list of .esp and .esm files. Make sure 'Morrowind' has an 'x' in the box. If it already does, you're buggered.

... Wait, what the crap ...

If you don't have the cd, then how are you running Morrowind in the first place?

If Morrowind does not have the 'x' next to it, double-click it and then exit the Launcher. Try to play your game.

If you still can't play the game, I suggest this.

Morrowind requires the CD to run. If you don't have it, the game won't work. Buy a new one. You can get the GOTY edition that has the two expansions for near enough the price if the original so you won't really be losing out.

• 8 years later...

i ran it on daemon tools before.

that was only because i actually had the disc, but my laptop couldnt detect dvd rom's, so mounting it on a virtual drive worked for that purpose.

im sure im not the only one here who has personally bought a few copies actually..

• 1 year later...

I'm having a similar problem, save that I have the CD and just attempted to install it again.

Have a read of this thread at the Officials, a few things in there (install location, running installer as admin etc.) to bear in mind for Morrowind and Windows OSs from Vista onwards.

I should note that I've had the GOTY CD since the XP days, and have uninstalled it last year all to get rid of one mod that NMM would not successfully deactivate. I swear, it behaves like all the .esm files were wiped off the disc.