• Protestant
    • Jehova's witness
    • Sikh
    • -none-
    • -other-

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Protestant is not a religion. It's a group of denominations that split off from the catholic church. You can be one of those denominations, which fall under the general category of "protestant", but you can't be of the protestant religion because of wide varying beliefs within those groups (Hey, wait, sounds like Christian denominations now)... Well, yeah, you get the idea.

Hahahahah :lol:

A

quantum phenomenon
aye. :lol: well it seems quite plausible so I wouldn't rule out that possibility. I often wonder if the answer to the universe is so complex that our minds can not accept <or intterpit> what actually is. Like time for instance <he he mind the pun>. Will your explanantion could answer why it has taken so many <insert stupid time measurment here> to occur and get where it is today. With the possiblity of something happening in a zero probabilty instance it is a very small certantiy that something may occur and thus <as you said> lead on to bigger things. Its quite amazing to think that something so small can make something so big.

<Im not really a "time" person>

yess and i suppose our entire being and universe just magically fell into place over millions of years of evolution from a random occurence in such an incredibly structured way... :P

I like how you put Protestant and Christian as two distinct categories, lol (what about Orthodox Christianity? Oh yeah, that's Christian too. <_< )

I am a Protestant, though I search for the more philosophical aspects of the religion. Such as that God, making Man (the race, not the gender) in His own image, gave Man the ability to be relational-- and to love-- which is the main fascet of Man what makes Man Man.

That God is a loving diety, that only through human life is even His existance sustained (for He wishes to be in an intimate relationship with Man, as shown in the incarnation of God in Man as Jesus Christ). And thus, being a loving God, only through Human sin (as in distance from God) can a complete separation be created, and thus one's own "hell" is made into a reality (the most distinct destruction of relational being with a diety). And thus the conclusion is that "heaven" and "hell" are not "places" but states of being-- of being One or separate from God.

Anyway, I wrote a whole report on the relationship between humans and dieties, and between humans and humans. And this is a major chunk of it-- the part about "relational beings" being an integral part of being human. Yeah, so thats about it. I'm Christian.

Archived