Fallout 4 and temperature of graphic cards

romalight

Hello. For many years i use a AMD FX Cpu and a 1050 graphic card with 4 gb ram, and playing Fallout 4 without problems. But after 3 or 4 years, the PC stop working and no one can fix it. So i wait some months and buy a second hand PC, with low money and after almost 1 year, also this PC, stop working. So, the 3 time i buy another second hand PC with a graphic card have 3 gb ram, but even that works for little number of months.

The graphic card of this last PC, start to give very high temperature, so every time i hear it going crazy, i move the cursor to the desktop -i play always Fallout 4 to a window, because i want to do also other things, while build stuff at my settlements. i don't have to see how high the temperature is going. i know. Maybe very close to 80 degrees Celsius. The graphic card destroy the motherboard and also i think, the CPU.

At a few days i have a new PC with a modern graphic card. The only thing i don't understand is why, a temperature of a modern graphic card, going also so high. is 40 or 45 degrees Celsius is a normal temperature ? The modern graphic cards, are so thick because they have systems that cope with high temperatures.

if the new GPU are something new, did we should also see improvement equally in how the problem with warming is treated ?

That's all. Thanks.

Edited by romalight

Of course it also depends on the graphics card. My card is set to throttle around 79 degrees and because it is locked, I cannot under-volt the darn thing to reduce the temp lie I can with the CPU. The OP appears to be playing with a desktop (I also assume he is buying a new PC), so he should not be having these issues with that unless his cooling is sub-par. Moreover, I must assume that his CPU and GPU are unlocked so things can be done to reduce the temp of the CPU and GPU and still increase their performance. Investing in a liquid cooler not only will extend the life of your CPU and GPU, but will make your gaming life tolerable

Of course it also depends on the graphics card. My card is set to throttle around 79 degrees and because it is locked, I cannot under-volt the darn thing to reduce the temp lie I can with the CPU. The OP appears to be playing with a desktop (I also assume he is buying a new PC), so he should not be having these issues with that unless his cooling is sub-par. Moreover, I must assume that his CPU and GPU are unlocked so things can be done to reduce the temp of the CPU and GPU and still increase their performance. Investing in a liquid cooler not only will extend the life of your CPU and GPU, but will make your gaming life tolerable

I am not really a fan of liquid cooling, unless you are doing some serious overclocking. For most folks, a good heatsink fan combo is more than adequate to the task.