Cyberpunk Mods

briggsyrfc

bought a PC a while ago & just really starting to play games on it. Figured id try Cyberpunk, loved it on the xbox so wanted try it some mods i've seen for it to change it up a little bit, but for the life of me i cannot get any to work.

Bought Cyberpunk on Gog & I'm using nexus mods with vortex, i can download them, activate & deploy them but they are not working in my game.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or tell me what file path they should be in for them to activate in game?

Help would be gratefully appreciated

Mods should be placed here. :smile:

... \ GOG Galaxy \ Games \ Cyberpunk 2077 \ archive \ pc \ mod

cheers mate, appreciated. i'll give this a try when i've got some time.

edit: Had some time to quickly try this, moved all my mods into this folder still getting nothing

got my staging folder set at

c:\ programdata \ vortex \ cyberpunk2077\ mods

copying them out of that & into the folder you mentioned above & none are showing in-game.

not very clued up on PC gaming so getting hugely frustrated with this.

got my staging folder set at

c:\ programdata \ vortex \ cyberpunk2077\ mods

copying them out of that & into the folder you mentioned above & none are showing in-game.

not very clued up on PC gaming so getting hugely frustrated with this.

If you're MANUALLY copying them into the Mod Staging Folder then you're doing it wrong.

VORTEX needs to copy them into the Mod Staging Folder so vortex can make the hardlinks or Symlinks from the Mod Staging Folder to the Game Folder

Also, you've picked the worst place to put your mod staging folder, INSIDE the Vortex Folder, because the next time you update Vortex, All of your Mods will be deleted

That is exactly WHY this sticky exists, right at the very top of this Forum

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6454716-do-not-put-modsdownloads-into-your-vortex-install-directory/

Please don't manually copy files to the mod directory, you're preventing Vortex from working as intended.

If you use Vortex, have some mods enabled and then deploy (either it happens automatically or you press the deploy button if you disabled the automation) then you should either get an error message detailing what's wrong or you should find files in the game directory.

Not all mods install to archive\pc\mod, some are mere config changes that go to engine\config\platform\pc, others are cyber engine tweak plugins that go to bin\x64\plugins, yet others go to archive\pc\patch

If you want to know where specific mod _should_ appear, consult the mod author description. You should do that anyway because some mods will require further steps to work (e.g. they may need hotkeys assigned in cyber engine tweaks).

So far any mod I've tried for CP2077 installed just fine through Vortex right out of the box but many do require extra steps.

• 2 years later...