End to Skyrim as we know it?

Moksha8088

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/q6czcc/pc_sse_an_important_psa_regarding_skyrim/

Your thoughts on the disruptiveness of the Anniversary Edition to the modding community?

As I understand it, this edition will give us Creation Club artifacts and fishing as a compensation. It may also serve as an evolutionary impetus to get everyone on board Fallout 76.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be like LE vs. SSE, at least for a while. Best hope is that SKSE64 mods get updated ASAP (at least the ones still supported). I don't think this will affect "normal" mods, as part of this an attempt to sell more shitty CC mods.

Noob question, if the mods that I use do not require SKSE, are they likely to be also broken

with Skyrim AE, and can I use the SKSE lauincher even if I have no mods requiring SKSE?

Non-skse mods are unlikely to break. Even the majority of SKSE mods (the ones that use script functions injected by SKSE rather than directly accessing the game memory) are likely to work again as soon as SKSE updates. It's the mods that come as a DLL file that will have the problem.

And yes, you can use the SKSE launcher to avoid your game updating even if you don't use any SKSE mods.

why the f*** are they doing this

Because the benefits to the huge majority of users who don't use mods are more important than the short term problems for the mod using minority.

That "huge" majority would have let Skyrim die years ago.