End to Skyrim as we know it?

Moksha8088

This is flat out malicious behavior. I'm pretty sure that there is already a fishing mod available that anyone can download right now. Forcing an update to SSE that breaks script addresses and as a result a huge number of mods instead of making a separate AE like LE vs SSE just stinks of Microsoft trying to damage modding intentionally to corral people into the creation club. I'm certainly not updating at this point, I have offline backups of the current skyrim SSE and all the mods I use. Thank god nexus has the archive feature in download pages now, it's just in time because once AE hits any modder who supports it runs the risk of making new releases incompatible. This might be the end, after the split between LE and SSE, having to go through the countless hours upgrading again just isn't worth the effort and people are going to retire. Ideally modders as a collective would refuse to support AE versions of skyrim and only make mods for the current version of SSE, but I don't have that much faith in the community.

So basically Microsoft/Bethesda is trying to destroy the entire modding community again with a mandatory forced update, all for the benefit of some mods that are already free and have bugs and are low quality anyway.

They wanted Creation Club without treating the Professional Modder like a Hired Developer. Mainly looking for Low Salary Workers and low Quality Overpriced stuff. Thats why CC never worked. They didn't learn from it and now they try the Milk the Cow Dry method the current Industry (Not just the Gaming Industry) Globally is following. I believe this decade is the least creative where Coorporatism is going to dry out the whole World until the Circus ends around 2030. How it will end is another story. We all still got the method of not participating in the Circus and wait for that Storm to pass.

The Chinese and Korean industry is taking a different approach it seems though and we can expect alot from them in the Gaming Industry. Its a different Gaming Culture though and will take them a while to make their content more attractive for NA/EU People.

There are of course Western Parts of the Global Industry that wait in the shadows who invest into Innovation and they are going to Steam Roll the Older Industry.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already don't allow Steam to constantly run updates in the background. I use it only for Purchases and Starting a Game. Then it goes Offline Mode.

Its supposed to be a Gate a customer needs to pass for the sake of preventing Piracy and EULA violation, not a Big Brother than will ask ''Feed me'' ''Feed me'' What's next? Active Subscription?

Just curious, in what way does that prevent piracy? I don't have a steam version so I wouldn't know.

lol this. it's still sad that Skyrim isn't on GOG

Well you make a Steam Account and purchase the game from there so when you want to play the game you start with Steam Launcher and your Device and your purchased product have an identity and therefore a copy wouldn't function. It was supposedly made as an Anti Piracy method although i am beginning to think that it was just an excuse and one step closer to Subscription models for Single Player Games. Still i prefer buying games online compared to old CDs.

I can agree i don't like the concept of Steam. Buying from GoG Games is certainly more preferable. I personally hate auto update stuff and crapware especially since Nvidia started messing their Drivers. I would like a Non Steam version for SE but too late i guess.

Yep. As soon as he mentioned that i was like ''Are there no-steam copies i don't know about since when?'' it appears he was just running an illegal copy. Steam was always part of Skyrim. DRM isn't helping with Anti-Piracy. Pretty sure there is an illegal copy for every GoG sold game anyway. DRM isn't helping.

Edited by Guest

What would be the best way to AVOID updating?

The best is that Mod Authors keep the Latests SkyrimSE based versions up and embargoe forced updates.

Todd Howard himself stated its optional but i still find this unlikely to happen and in the end i don't think its optional at all.

Solutions:

On Steam. Properties. Updates. Only Update this Game when i Launch it.

(It doesn't fully allow you to disable it) so...

On Steam check Offline Mode and Launch Steam in Offline Mode.

Never Launch the Game in Online Mode.

Launch the Game only from the SKSE Loader (Latest version is 2.0.20) Either SKSE Shortcut or SKSE via Mod Manager

Backup your Game too.

Another thing i will do is Block every Mod Author that will Delete his Older Versions and replace them with the AE Update effectively supporting Bethesda's Malicious way of Forced Update that Changes the Product which is owned by an End User. That stuff should be illegal in the first place.

But i believe it was another Microsoft Idea as usual.

Lastly Patience until every Mod Gets updated for AE version. Than you can Update Safely.

The title of this Topic is pretty accurate.

Its not just the end of Skyrim as we know it, its the end of Free Modding. It will even hurt Nexus Mods itself and every Modding community.

As soon as AE Update goes up ''Creation Club'' has been forced and accepted by all of us.

Next Bethesda Game will be Creation Club only and the whole Industry will make the switch eventually with underpayed Developers/ Modders but overpriced Microtransactions and Questionable Quality of Mod Packs.

Since we also had an issue of Piracy above i will also say this. Piracy creates not just more problems but is the very reason we reached this point of Monetization and it always has roots. Sometimes its Random sometimes fed by the Whales. Sometimes both. Either way both benefit from it except of the Legal Customer. In the End its more of a Conspiracy than an accident.

The End of Free Modding is coming and Content Development will become cheap and underpayed as well... A very bad turn but inevitable.

I do apologize if i lifted my Banners with Teeth and Swords Flashing bashing my Shield but its more than just an innocent update.

I will stop here.

For Skyrim!

Edited by Guest