End to Skyrim as we know it?

Moksha8088

You don't have to buy the anniversary edition.

Edit: Just read that Bethesda is going to patch SE with AE >_>. It's like they know people are going to avoid buying AE lol.

Aside from the incoming mod apocalypse this will cause, I'm also a bit upset that for as much as they like rererererereleasing this game, they wont actually add anything *new* or even fix bugs.

So it would seem all mods I'm working on now will have to be released for Skyrim original which Bethesda has long abandoned and has no need to recompile for no reason.

In case you missed it. Hardly an apocalypse.

This is not good. But it is not a mod-apocalypse, either. Yes, SKSE64 will need an update, but that should happen relatively quickly. And yes, all .dll plugins will need an update/rewrite to accommodate the new compiler. But literally all regular plugin type mods will still work and not need updates. There will be no other changes.

The CC stuff it supposedly forces is only fishing. You have to pay for the other CC stuff as part of the update.

So yes, it's a pain. But we have been through worse (LE -> SE)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have to buy the anniversary edition.

Edit: Just read that Bethesda is going to patch SE with AE >_>. It's like they know people are going to avoid buying AE lol.

Aside from the incoming mod apocalypse this will cause, I'm also a bit upset that for as much as they like rererererereleasing this game, they wont actually add anything *new* or even fix bugs.

So it would seem all mods I'm working on now will have to be released for Skyrim original which Bethesda has long abandoned and has no need to recompile for no reason.

In case you missed it. Hardly an apocalypse.

This is not good. But it is not a mod-apocalypse, either. Yes, SKSE64 will need an update, but that should happen relatively quickly. And yes, all .dll plugins will need an update/rewrite to accommodate the new compiler. But literally all regular plugin type mods will still work and not need updates. There will be no other changes.

The CC stuff it supposedly forces is only fishing. You have to pay for the other CC stuff as part of the update.

So yes, it's a pain. But we have been through worse (LE -> SE)

You're right, I did miss that. LE -> SE was indeed a major pain.

I'm considering just uninstalling all my mods, before the update. Let the update happen. Then, just give it some time. Go play a different game for the time being and observe how things go in the mod community. Let's just see what actually happens.

And that's a big problem because thas is so many assets of our Games Foundations:

d3d + d3ddirectx compilers concerning ENBs and other Engine Fixes critical to performance optimization and Display functions like SSEDisplayTweaks, or Dlls that help with System Priority issues and Shaders, Net script framework and fps fix plugins HDT functions for cloak or cloths part of armor mods, Nemesis Engine and functions related to combat mods, Advanced HUD functions for custom HUDs, Additemmenu, Animationmotion Revolution, ENB Helper, Dynamic Animation Replacer functions, Facegen fixes, even the Silent Dialogue Fix called Fus Roh Dah, Maxsu's Iframes and other recent additions, MCM Helper, Papyrus Functions, Perk Skill Uncappers, even the Survival Control Panel, Movement Behavior Mods like True Directional Movement including Dodging etc etc.

Sheson the Author of DynDOLOD released recently a New DLL for DynDOLOD that wont need PapyrusUtil.

Also many who develop Mods based on SkySA etc concerning Skyrim's Combat say they will stick with SE version development.

And yet here we are, some people saying ''Hey the update is no problem really, just a few SKSE and DLL functions''

Well i am sorry that's almost my entire Game because most of its Advanced Features depend on that.

It wont be that bad as with LE to SE but it will take some time still. I am Backed Up and Safe.

Edited by Guest

This is flat out malicious behavior. I'm pretty sure that there is already a fishing mod available that anyone can download right now. Forcing an update to SSE that breaks script addresses and as a result a huge number of mods instead of making a separate AE like LE vs SSE just stinks of Microsoft trying to damage modding intentionally to corral people into the creation club. I'm certainly not updating at this point, I have offline backups of the current skyrim SSE and all the mods I use. Thank god nexus has the archive feature in download pages now, it's just in time because once AE hits any modder who supports it runs the risk of making new releases incompatible. This might be the end, after the split between LE and SSE, having to go through the countless hours upgrading again just isn't worth the effort and people are going to retire. Ideally modders as a collective would refuse to support AE versions of skyrim and only make mods for the current version of SSE, but I don't have that much faith in the community.

So basically Microsoft/Bethesda is trying to destroy the entire modding community again with a mandatory forced update, all for the benefit of some mods that are already free and have bugs and are low quality anyway.

i totally agree on this