Epic lag using ENBoost.

Ackerman

Hey guys im getting some pretty bad lag (4fps, 6fps ect) while using ENBoost. The strange thing is that ENBoost improves preformance but for me it shunders it to a near halt

Ok so this is skyrim running using ENBoost with nothing else running in the back ground like google chrome

http://puu.sh/3Y29f.png

im confused how only 0% CPU is being used and how i have only 41 free mb's of Ram left to use o.o

can anyone help?

Edited by Ackerman

I was using ENboost and then switched to v 0.199 with ENBoost and had all kinds of lagging issues. Then I switched to v0.132 with project ENB issue went away. Actually had very good performance with using an ENB about 40FPS outside never dropping below 30. Than I learned about switching back to driver 314.22 for my NVIDIA graphics card and been running pretty good since. Actually made a thread about that and someone thought it couldn't be. But I had horrible performance with ENBoost.

Yeah, ENBoost murdered my poor system worse than any other ENB I've used. Honestly, RealVision works the best for me, and I've got a pretty low-end PC. It's not running flawlessly, mind you, I do get some low spots, but not nearly as bad as I did with ENBoost.

Yeah, ENBoost murdered my poor system worse than any other ENB I've used. Honestly, RealVision works the best for me, and I've got a pretty low-end PC. It's not running flawlessly, mind you, I do get some low spots, but not nearly as bad as I did with ENBoost.

This is the problem though. i can run skyrim high everything (Anti Alisting x2 and Antiostropic filtering x2) at 30fps. but as soon as i add an ENB my FPS turns into how a ipad would run skyrim, no matter how "preformance" the ENB is, same result

When I first installed Skyrim on my computer and installed mods, I tried an ENB, But killed my framerate. I uninstalled it. But after doing some research I learned about adjusting Skyrimprefs and such. I can now run my mods and project enb with SSAO on at 30-40 FPS outside.

Disable AF and AA in skyrim setting and use ENB for that. Also project ENB I am using uses Sweetfx and you can use AA for that. I disable Vsync and use Nvidia Inspector to lock my FPS at 59 or you can use the ENB to lock FPS.

You can change the Primary and Secondary Resolutions in the Skyrimprefs will help as well.

Also before using an ENB playing in Windowed Mode was better for performance. Now using ENB I get better performance not using windowed mode.

If you end up using an ENB disable the SSAO, DOF and Reflections. Skylighting is a big hitter as well.

If you're only getting 30 fps without ENB, then you can probably expect low frame rates when using an ENB. I've seen lots of members reporting anywhere between 30% to 80% loss in performance.

ENB is of course modular so certain effects can be enabled and disabled, but as said I you're already in a position where you're not wanting / able to lose much performance then you may need to settle to only use ENB for image post-processing (HDR tonemapping, colour pallettes, and main lighting adjustments) while leaving the more complex and demanding effects such as SSAO, DoF off - you'll still see some improvement.

As for ENBoost - I had low performance and stuttering with the 0.199 version (which was apparently an issue for GTX 570 users such as me), but I changed to 0.200 and it's better now. I don't see any frames per second increase or decrease but I never benchmarked it properly) but I still use it to optimise memory usage for general game performance and stability reasons. I don't know if it's a placebo effect but I believe my GPU is quieter and cooler too.

Edited by LargeStyle