SKSE installed through Vortex not working

AlreadyFree
Go to solution Solved by rmm200,

If i install SKSE manually it works fine but if I install it through Vortex then mods complain about SKSE not being installed after launching the game. SKSE is marked as Engine Injector within Vortex and all the symlinks are showing up in the correct folders after deployment. I thought it was possible to install SKSE this way? Am i wrong?

I've never heard of Vortex "automatically" getting SKSE. It wouldn't even make sense as a feature since some people choose not to use SKSE, for various reasons, and wouldn't want it forced on them. Why would you even think that? Did Vortex automatically download & install it for you?

But regardless, I have tried both version 2.0.19 and the newest 2.0.20 with the same result. Neither version, to my knowledge, are "preliminary versions for the anniversary edition." Both versions are labeled as being for SE.

If your SKSE enhanced game has already been upgraded to AE, but you don't want to use the new SKSE64 build 2.1.1, then consider downgrading your game. Here's the tool for that: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57618?tab=description. However, be sure to read the description and posts before doing anything with this utility.

I've never heard of Vortex "automatically" getting SKSE. It wouldn't even make sense as a feature since some people choose not to use SKSE, for various reasons, and wouldn't want it forced on them. Why would you even think that? Did Vortex automatically download & install it for you?

As soon as you add a mod that requires SKSE Vortex will report it as a problem and offer to fix it by downloading and installing SKSE for you.

As soon as you add a mod that requires SKSE Vortex will report it as a problem and offer to fix it by downloading and installing SKSE for you.

Ok, that makes more sense that you have to install a skse plugin first before it automatically installs skse. I've always had it manually installed so didn't realize it did that.

However, can no one confirm that they have skse installed and working through vortex? Or provide any pointers to why it might not be working for me, if so. I haven't allowed the update to AE and don't plan to and I'm not using the AE version of skse.