Will there be an AE section for Nexus?

Vudou

Anniversary Edition is not JUST a DLC. It is a MAJOR change. That means that a HUGE amount of mods don't work, and not knowing which ones do & don't would be very easy to tag, or even better, an AE section (which I just assumed was a no-brainer from the beginning) & save hours for people looking for confirmed working AE mods. Anyone that argues otherwise is either being contrary and/or just plain grumpy, and I hope they get some sunshine in their life. Cotton

EDIT: ...and yes, after the searching I just went through, I might be a little grumpy, & need some sunshine in my own life :smile:

Edited by CottonTexas

People still refuse to differentiate between the 1.6 update and the Anniversary Edition content pack DLC.

For the 1.6 update the only thing that is different from previous updates is the time it takes to update the mods. SKSE and any SKSE DLLs always broke with every single update until the Address Library mitigated the problem. It is still just an update, not a new game.

The DLC content pack is no different from any other DLC. If the mod uses data from the DLC then the DLC will be required. This is not a new thing.

IF YOU MAKE AN "AE" SECTION, THEN THE VAST MAJORITY OF MODS WILL NEED TO BE DUPLICATED IN BOTH SECTIONS. It is far, far easier to just have a 1.5 version download and a 1.6 version download and for people to actually read.

People still refuse to differentiate between the 1.6 update and the Anniversary Edition content pack DLC.

For the 1.6 update the only thing that is different from previous updates is the time it takes to update the mods. SKSE and any SKSE DLLs always broke with every single update until the Address Library mitigated the problem. It is still just an update, not a new game.

The DLC content pack is no different from any other DLC. If the mod uses data from the DLC then the DLC will be required. This is not a new thing.

IF YOU MAKE AN "AE" SECTION, THEN THE VAST MAJORITY OF MODS WILL NEED TO BE DUPLICATED IN BOTH SECTIONS. It is far, far easier to just have a 1.5 version download and a 1.6 version download and for people to actually read.

Semantics. So what I've been calling "AE" should be called "version 1.6" to keep back confusion, as "AE" may also be considered the CC content that was actually a $20 DLC. So I'll reword:

Version 1.6 is not JUST DLC. It is a MAJOR change. That means that a HUGE amount of mods don't work, and not knowing which ones do & don't would be very easy to tag, or even better, a version 1.6 section (which I just assumed was a no-brainer from the beginning) & save hours for people looking for confirmed working version 1.6 mods. Anyone that argues otherwise is either being contrary and/or just plain grumpy, and I hope they get some sunshine in their life. Cotton

...and yes, after the searching I just went through, I might be a little grumpy, & need some sunshine in my own life :smile:

I actually thought that "Anniversary Edition" would have been treated more like LE to SE, not old-'Rim to LE, knowing that about the same amount of mods were going to break, so I was foolishly waiting on a new Skyrim AE game to load into my Vortex (silly me), but as stated, it was not considered a different game, just a MAJOR update, so a TON of mods for 1.5 became instantly obsolete at the release of version 1.6. Perhaps the Address Library solved the problem for version 1.5, but it too became obsolete. Whether they create a 1.6 section, or use tags to filter the results, it doesn't matter as long as there's a way to separate the version 1.5 mods from the version 1.6 mods.

Spending hours going through the comments section on every mod page will not convince me to spend more time on the Nexus. On the contrary, I will tidy up the chapter of my let's-play, & wait for TES VI to release in 2071.

There, 'nuf said, Cotton

I'm still waiting for a definition of a "huge amount of mods". There are nearly 42,000 mods in the SSE section and the only ones that are broken are the ones that use SKSE or depend on another mod that uses SKSE. That's nowhere near the majority of those mods. And every day more of those mods get a release that allows them to work with the new SKSE, or a required mod gets an update and all its dependent mods are available again.

So, while I agree a tag might be worthwhile, duplicating literally tens of thousands of mods to a new "AE/1.6" game section seems insane.

This is not like the LE/SE change where the formats of the asset files for a lot of mods changed and needed conversions. You don't even need to load the mod up in the CK and resave it to update headers. At least one of those things was needed for every single mod converted from LE to SE. This affects a much smaller group of mods.

Again, we have some basic misunderstandings of a couple of things: A mod that won't work because a requirement of that mod is broken is NOT in itself broken. It is merely waiting for that requirement to update. No need for another copy of the page that the mod author now has to maintain. And a mod that is experiencing the black screen bug is not broken. It's waiting for the game itself to get patched.

None of that suggests that a new game listing is a good idea (and the Nexus staff have already said it's not happening anyway). Concentrate on asking for an "AE" tag if you want anything. And if you want your request to be effective, make it in the proper forum, not buried in the SSE forums.

Not addressing anyone in particular, but I thought I'd share with everyone that may be interested. I've stumbled across a list that appears to have some good info on "version 1.6" SKSE mod compatibility. The list uses terms such as "AE" & "Anniversary", but in this case I don't believe that's exclusively referencing the $20 DLC.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SxFQ1qKjrlHjyFekZeZhaA8tY7hv_yvkdcLxCeynffA/edit#gid=0

iHUD is not listed, but according to the comments as of 15NOV2021:

SphereOfChaos: If you try a different keybind for the HUD, it locks you in the settings,

So it's not a complete list, but I hope that y'all find it as helpful as I have. Cheers, Cotton