Apocrypha Deployment Downtime Musings

samroski

There was such hype about how the downtime will be extended, and how the system will collapse for 2 weeks, that in spite of being optimistic I set a week long skill to train: Mass Production V. Have been recently buying up all the minerals in Lonetrek and this seemed to be the logical step to take.

Am really glad to learn that all the old exploration equipment will be converted to spanking brand new, and the skills will continue to be valid, even though differently.

According to my calculation it may take about 8 hours to download the update.

How big is the update going to be?

I'm not sure if I'm going to like the new way of using probes...I couldn't be bothered/didn't have time to get on to singularity to try it out.

1390 MB initial download and then a 12 MB patch.

I tried to read up on how to use the new scanner and probes, and it looked interesting with the 3-D view of the probe range- but tbh I could not get myself to read all the details.

Oh jeez why didn't I start the patching process earlier? Going along at an agonisingly slow 78kb/sec

Here's to hoping the server startup gets delayed a few hours :D

Mine is going at 42-51 kb/s and it says 8 to 8.5 hours left (just started). Kicking myself for not starting earlier as well.

Just read that newer characters will train at double the speed till they reach 1.6 mil SP.

I found a direct link from CCP, cracked it in my download manager and it went at 450kb/sec. Went to my lecture, came back 1h 40m later and it was finished. Yay! :D

Installing now.

EDIT: Game installed just as the server came up :D

%$#%$#

My only consolation is that I think tranquility is still not accepting connections (28 online).

I'm 24% done and still 5.5 hours left- thinking seriously about taking a nap now and then playing all night :)