SR IV launches, Australia waits until Sept. 27

Vindekarr

That's right. While the Americans are already playing the game, and the Europeans will get it on Friday, spare a thought for your drunk friends from down south; we have have to wait until september 27th to get the game, and won't have access to any pre-order bonuses that we previously paid for.

So how did the launch go? pretty darn good considering. Critical reviews have been stronger than the previous game, and it's also won over one of the most vicious and vocal critical review sources in the world; the Steam Community hub which on a launch day is normally a seething cauldron, filled with the blazing inhuman hatred of those who had their unrealistically high expectations shattered, is actually pretty happy which is a rare thing.

The general consensus seems to be that despite below-par graphics and a shoddy weapon selection interface, the game itself is very solid. I'll post more as I learn more, but as an unfortunate inhabitant of the Great Drunken Land, I will have to wait five more weeks before getting my paws on it first-hand.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really their fault, blame the Labour Party.

I'm pretty sure that it has nothing to do with the government, considering that they have been really respectable to this issue. Meh, I got mine cheap from overseas and it's coming tomorrow. So... sucks to be you!

Don't forget you guys could mod in what was once lost in the Australia version, not stopping you there.

Edited by Thor.

Good point Vagrant, we'll miss all the launchday shenanigens. On the added bright side, looks like it's a pretty good addition to the franchise, the only people I'm seeing complaining about it are the loremongers. You heard me. There's actually a thread on the STEAM community forums with about 20 people screaming and crying about how the game is "non-canon" and doesn't fit the previous Saint's Row story and another 5 threads shrieking about how terrible it is because it's as "unrealistic" as the poster's expectations, or the delusional world they apparently live in.

Seriously, complaing, about Saint's Row being unrealistic?! Einstein was right about human stupidity...

Edited by Vindekarr

Hah, yeah, Saints Row is no longer intended to be realistic. If some people don't like that, they should stick to Grand Theft Auto for their realism indulges.

However, I'm a bit sceptical about the super powers - I think that takes the craziness a little too far (it is super powers after all). But, if there's a good explanation for having them, then I suppose I won't mind.

We don't get it until late Thursday night here for reasons unknown.

Hah, yeah, Saints Row is no longer intended to be realistic. If some people don't like that, they should stick to Grand Theft Auto for their realism indulges.

However, I'm a bit sceptical about the super powers - I think that takes the craziness a little too far (it is super powers after all). But, if there's a good explanation for having them, then I suppose I won't mind.

I must admit I'm not buying this with any level of enthusiasm, it's the modding I'm going to buy it for. The developers have been brilliant with the modding community, I've not seen this level of help from developers before, not even from Bethesda back in the Morrowind era.

It's explained. It's just explained using Saint's Row logic and lazorz. Also, if you played the third game, you were already starting to develop superpowers-by the time you had full upgrades. you had superstrength, invulnerability, and could become wealthy by punching people.